Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surefire XSC for SIG

Site Supporter

Surefire XSC for SIG

I just saw this ad:

https://www.armsunlimited.com/SureFi...p/xsc-p365.htm

I don’t know if this is old news, I couldn’t find anything on a search. I do not have any of the new SIGs, but I know a lot of other folks here do.

Interested to see if a variant for the new railed G43X/48 is on the way.
    Polite Professional

Site Supporter
    Ahhh, the dangers of posting an hour too soon. I just saw the email.
    Polite Professional

Here's a video discussing it.

Looks interesting, but pretty weak.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Wow. I am not going to lie, I like this. Sure the lumen count leaves a little to be desired but the rechargeable batteries and more focused beam make a lot of sense for guns like this. I am over my 48. A 43X MOS is looking better and better.

And another piece of the puzzle drops in for me making the case for a 365XL with a thumb safety in my future.

Just waiting on CHPWS to drop a RMRc plate for the XL and it's all over but the crying.

I like Surefire’s products but the pricing just kills me. I have a really hard time justifying the $329 cost. I have an X300U and an M600DF so I’m not just sitting in a corner saying “bah humbug” every time Surefire releases a new product, but I’ve recently been meeting my WML needs with Streamlight products like the TLR-7A. I guessing Streamlight will be along shortly with their version of a WML for this new generation of CCW guns.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

IDK about this light. The short run time and proprietary battery turn me off.

The good thing is that companies are starting to produce serious lights for the smaller slimline guns.

My guess is to make the size work there needs to be a proprietary battery. it could use some existing battery format but then the light would be wider than the gun and everybody would b**** about the trigger guard not being narrow enough to cover fingers getting in there while being wide enough for the light to fit in the holster.

with the candela listed it's a very floody light. Not sure what distance you anticipate engaging tangos but it should be quite adequate out to 25 yards or so. Several years ago everyone would have been balls up for 350 lumens. (Lumens will not solve your problems).

The full output runtime is likely only 15 or 20 minutes. If the social interaction with a scofflaw is longer than that you've got way bigger problems.

The handheld light you carry should be able to reach out farther if that's a concern.

The price is typically ridiculous like any other SureFire. They will sell as fast as they can make them until streamlight comes out with something for half the price and O-light comes out with something for a third the price. And people will b**** about those too.

Reality is if you must have a weapon mounted light today it's the only option. For the same money you could probably get another blue label 43x or night sights and two holsters or a case of ammo and a half. Or a handheld a holster and night sights.

Likely it's a well thought out well made for the application WML.

I'm not even sure if I want a rail on a gun that size. If I do I will likely wait to see what streamlight puts out.

User Tag List