Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carry options for a skirt wearer?

Quote Originally Posted by vaspence View Post
    Keep that in mind if you decide to road rage on a buggy.
    Amish drive buggies. Mennonites drive cars.

Negative. New Order Mennonites drive cars, Old Order Mennonites drive buggies or ride bicycles. At least that's how they roll here in VA.

Wheeler thanks for the link!

Clop, Clop, Clop

BANG BANG!

Cloppity Cloppity Cloppity

(Amish Drive-by)
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    Please keep this thread on track. If you'd like to continue to discuss Mennonites and Amish, create new thread (Romper Room).

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Please keep this thread on track. If you'd like to continue to discuss Mennonites and Amish, create new thread (Romper Room).
    oops, in an effort to get back on track, and exonerate myself;
    http://corneredcat.com/Practical/fashionable.aspx

On Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/?sk=inbox&ac.../shootingdivas
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I ran into a similar problem when I started to CC. My we run a very relaxed household and spend a lot of time lounging around in our pajamas and sweats. But especially after having to answer the door after 10pm a couple of times I started to feel like I needed to have my handgun on me, though I definitely did not want to answer the door with it in my hand.

I looked at options like belly-band holsters and the smart-carry. But either I didn't feel like they would be able to support my USPc .45 or they were just too high a price for an experiment.

Then not too long ago I happened upon a bellyband holster at my local sporting goods store for $15. And truthfully it has worked out great. It holds my pistol quite securely and is comfortable. I wear it all day around the house and have even took naps while wearing it.

My initial thought was to show a picture of me in my lounging clothes while wearing it. But before I could finish my sentance while asking my wife to take the picture she laughed and asked if I was going to wear a skirt. And I thought that was an even better idea.

And here is the holster itself.

She would have to choose the correct shirt, but I have worn it out a couple of times and find that it is even more concealable than my Answer by Tucker Gun Leather. It just doesn't quite offer the same retention and 'stay-puttedness'.
    Last edited by Rains on Parades; 03-17-2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: pronouns

We are diminished

In all seriousness, dude... way to take one for the team. I think I speak for just about everyone when I say I wouldn't have gone to those lengths to help vaspence out with his skirt issue.

Sarong.

No problem.

Count on me to go the distance. As long as the distance requires only some pushing of buttons and a minimal amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by vaspence View Post
    What? No love for the kilted among us?
    As someone who wears kilt's on occasion, I'll have to look into a belly ban or smart carry. I've been carrying a Kel-tec P3AT in the sporran.

Name:  Kilted.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  73.5 KB
    --
    Formerly hombre gris
    I am no longer LEO, never .MIL. I am .DAD and my attitude will reflect that.
    Cogito ergo armatus sum -- I think, therefore I am armed

User Tag List