Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colorado school suspends student for toy gun seen during virtual school session

This happened in my neighborhood and the Facebook group has been beyond ridiculous because of the race thing. One fat purple haired bitch said calling the cops on a black family is the same thing as attempted murder. I wish I was joking.

I spent pretty much the entirety of middle and high school with a Swiss Army knife in my pocket. As far as I'm aware, nobody knew, and I strongly doubt anyone would have cared if they had known. Pretty wild difference that we're now calling the cops and suspending kids for toy guns at home. 2020 just keeps on giving gifts...

I don't have kids, but a close friend of mine hangs a white sheet behind his kids while they "Zoom-school".

Even in typically rational school districts, all it takes is one power-drunk loony to attempt to insert themselves into your home and your life and hand out misery.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

My kids do remote schooling. I tell them to wake up the same time, dress like they are going in person and behave exactly to the school's code of conduct. One day they will be back in a real classroom and I do not want them to devolve into little barbarians when they get there. Of course there was a lot of over-reach in this case, but their forum, their rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    My kids do remote schooling. I tell them to wake up the same time, dress like they are going in person and behave exactly to the school's code of conduct. One day they will be back in a real classroom and I do not want them to devolve into little barbarians when they get there. Of course there was a lot of over-reach in this case, but their forum, their rules.
    I stopped by to visit a friend the other day that was staying with a first grade teacher that is doing Zoom classes from her home. She was still dressed in pajamas and she noticed my look as I didn't have much of a poker face. She explained to me that it was "pajama day" at school. After she was done with the class she came out to the living room to chat. I couldn't help myself and explained that when my kids were in school and the school pulled some bullshit like "pajama day" I refused to allow my kids to participate. I'm not a total fun sucker, but if you are going to school or work you should dress appropriately.

Good on you for keeping a standard with your kids.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Lol no it's not school property.
    That particular school seems to think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    if you are going to school or work you should dress appropriately.
    IMO that depends - if you're going to be on camera, then yes, absolutely, you need to look professional. OTOH, I've been full time WFH for almost 6 months now, and given that my role doesn't involve needing to be on camera, I have no qualms about working in shorts and a T-shirt every day, regardless of the fact that I dress to a higher standard when I have to actually go to the office. I also took the opportunity to grow a full beard - nobody was going to see the stage where it looked scruffy/unpresentable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Lawsuit time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh yeah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I don't have kids, but a close friend of mine hangs a white sheet behind his kids while they "Zoom-school".

Even in typically rational school districts, all it takes is one power-drunk loony to attempt to insert themselves into your home and your life and hand out misery.
    That’s why it’s worth having an attorney on retainer. The power drunk loony might relish the idea of inserting themselves into your life and doling out misery, but I’d wager that they’d enjoy the process of being dragged through civil court much less.

With civil litigation, the process is the punishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely!

There were a couple of moments during me and my sister's school years when my parents fired with both barrels at the schools and their adminstrations. "The correct response to aggression is even more counter-aggression" applies here.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List