Thread: Benelli M2 recoil spring life?

Benelli M2 recoil spring life?

I bought a uses Benelli M2 and I'm trying to figure out if I need to replace the recoil spring. Is there a recommended interval or a way to see if it needs replacement?
    It also has a loose forend so I'll be ordering parts for it.
    Any input would be appreciated!

https://www.brownells.com/shotgun-pa...-prod6301.aspx

https://www.gunsprings.com/BENELLI/cID2/mID10/dID32#468

For ~$14, I'd buy a new recoil spring and keep the present spring as a spare.
    It'd also be good to compare the length of the new one with the old one to give you a rough estimate as to when you might replace it.
    Keep a log of how many rounds you shoot, also, with the new spring.

I don't have a Benelli and don't know what the recommended interval would be, sorry (it might be in an owner's manual; or give them a call when they're open).

Another thought is to shoot the gun with the old and the new spring to determine if there's any perceived difference. For instance, if it's jamming with the old spring, but not with a new spring, don't even bother keeping the old spring as a spare.

I still haven't replaced the spring in my early 1990s M1 or the SBE2 I bought used.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I looked online and couldn't find a recommended replacement interval for the recoil spring. Benelli sells a bolt rebuild kit, but not recoil springs. I don't know if that's a clue or an Italian thing.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I looked online and couldn't find a recommended replacement interval for the recoil spring. Benelli sells a bolt rebuild kit, but not recoil springs. I don't know if that's a clue or an Italian thing.
    Thanks to all of you.
    I too believe that may be a clue.
    I also did a lot of searching online and most people said run it until you start having malfunctions.
    I'll just order a Wolff standard recoil spring and leave it in the spares box.

User Tag List