Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Some More Time-Sensitive Enabling

This is very cool, but just for clarities sake I believe you're attributing Bruce's post/life experience to me.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Here is Patti Morton's obit that was written by the National Museum of American Diplomacy, the DoS's article on her, her obit, which mentioned that she got more grief from the other women at DoS than from the men, and her Wikipedia page, which is sparse AF.

She wrote the evacuation plan for the Saigon embassy. She wasn't permitted to stay to put it into practice, as her supervisors thought that Saigon in 1975 was no place for a woman and ordered her to leave the country.
    Stephanie B:
    Thanks for the links. A life well lived seems to be appropriate. Rest in Peace SA Morton.
    Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    @TGS -

I was assigned to an Organized Crime Task Force at the FBI - Dallas Division from 1987 - 1986 and got to witness lots of gun stuff, courtesy of the late Robert P. Butler, Police Training Coordinator and legend in Texas LE training circles. Bob went around teaching FBI Firearms Instructor Schools around Texas (sometimes towing a bass boat with the BuCar, but that's another set of stories). I knew Bob long before I was assigned to that TF. We were learning much about ammo at this point (being a year after Miami) and it was a privilege to be part of the inside knowledge track for that program and to get to discuss the findings with Bob.

There were many 3" Model 13 RB issued guns in the Division, but I noted lots of the SWAT agents had that NIS Model 19 4" RB with the yellow front insert. Also around there were a few of the experimental Model 10 2 1/2" revolvers. I must confess that I deeply coveted one of those NIS revolvers!
    Wayne:

A little bit more about that NIS S&W Model 19. I first saw that revolver lodged in a pelican case during my firearms instructor school in Houston Texas. There were 12 revolvers in that case. 11 were S&W Model 66s and "my" lone Model 19. I had heard of the NIS Model 19s and I suspected that was what was in the pelican. Most of the agents in my class were milling around when that pelican case was opened. I made a bee line to the case and drew that NIS Model 19. My suspicions were confirmed. It was marked/engraved "Naval Investigative Service". I don't recall if it had Pachmayr Compact Professionals or magna service stocks with a Pachmayr grip adapter ( I think it was the later). We shot the old Double Action Revolver courses of fire twice and I scored 100 percent on each. I think that is more of a testament to that old Model 19 than my ability. I distinctly remember that Model 19 being stupid accurate. Like putting all 50 rounds in the inner "breadbasket" of the FBI "Q" target accurate. I could only describe the action as a "friction free environment". I did everything I could to get that gun assigned to me. All was for naught. Despite my best efforts, I was "told" to turn that gun in.
    The round butt and 4 inch barrel are a great combination on a K Frame.
    As to Bucars and bass boats, hopefully our paths will cross and if that comes to pass ask me about the "bird dog" story.
    Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Too rich for my blood. I was holding steady as the lead bidder at $1675 and still had room to go, and someone used the Buy-it-Now function for $2625.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/889896698

Looks like the only way I'll be procuring more of these in the future is when people don't know what they don't have, and don't list it as a State Dept and/or DS gun.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I’ve been looking at 2.5” Model 19s today because I learned that they were once issued to investigators at my agency prior to the transition to semi autos. I found this one on Gunbroker and it looks to be in good condition. Based on how shiny the bluing is, I don’t think it’s a DS gun but it sure looks nice. What’s a fair price for a good condition 2.5” Model 19 these days?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I’ve been looking at 2.5” Model 19s today because I learned that they were once issued to investigators at my agency prior to the transition to semi autos. I found this one on Gunbroker and it looks to be in good condition. Based on how shiny the bluing is, I don’t think it’s a DS gun but it sure looks nice. What’s a fair price for a good condition 2.5” Model 19 these days?
    I've seen snubbie 19s in nice condition go for north of a grand, easy. Certainly not for under $700.

Anyone else have thoughts?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I've seen snubbie 19s in nice condition go for north of a grand, easy. Certainly not for under $700.

Anyone else have thoughts?
    Over a grand is definitely out of my price range but I’ll be keeping an eye on this one. Hopefully the seller only having a feedback score of 5 ratings scares some people away. I’m willing to take the risk as I think I’ve got even fewer feedback ratings than that.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Over a grand is definitely out of my price range but I’ll be keeping an eye on this one. Hopefully the seller only having a feedback score of 5 ratings scares some people away. I’m willing to take the risk as I think I’ve got even fewer feedback ratings than that.
    Did you get it?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Did you get it?
    I did not. It ended up selling for about $100 past my maximum. I’m watching a few others but they’re likely going to end up higher than I’m looking to pay. I might just need to be patient.

I’m watching a few others but they’re likely going to end up higher than I’m looking to pay. I might just need to be patient.
    [Tom Petty]The waaaaaiting is the hardest part[/Tom Petty]
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List