Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Worst cuisines?

A few years back, I stayed a few nights in Narita, and made it a practice to get breakfast at the 7-11. Different, but in a cool way, and was the only place I could get hot coffee.
    It was in a can (as most Japanese coffee is), but at least it was warm.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A few years back, I stayed a few nights in Narita, and made it a practice to get breakfast at the 7-11. Different, but in a cool way, and was the only place I could get hot coffee.
    I fed myself quite well at the 7-11 in Hachiōji (outside Tokyo) Train station last October for two weeks of a business trip. They are awesome.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Among the strangest moments of my travel journey was my first trip to Japan.

Hot, canned coffee and pantyhose in vending machines was odd.

Lost in translation. One of the most realistic movies ever.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Leave my fucking camel alone.
    You do know you're supposed to just ride the camel to the nearest brothel...?
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    You do know you're supposed to just ride the camel to the nearest brothel...?
    Sometimes a camel is the nearest brothel.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    That explains what they mean when they say

... and the cigarette afterwards
    Last edited by MistWolf; 09-09-2020 at 10:32 PM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I had a similar experience on a horse. I was a kid and we were taken horseback riding on some old nags. We were in a line and the horses followed a truck. There was some dude in back of our line on a horse. So he gets bored and goes to sit in the truck. His horse is supposedly so well trained it will follow the line on its own.

So what does it do? It comes over to my horse and bites it on the ass. My horse goes up on two legs to kick it with its front legs. My 8 year self is holding on for dear life. We are next to a barbed wire fence so if I fall off I will go through that like a blender and down a hill. The dude from the truck runs out to calm things. They get me down and I am laughing. They ask why I am laughing - because I'm freaking out!

Didn't ride a horse again for about 30 years. If I had a gun, I would have shot both of those horses!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    So what does it do? It comes over to my horse and bites it on the ass.
    The horse had a score to settle with the your horse. Typical horse stuff. But camels... they have a score to settle with you. And you, and you, and you. Camels hate everything that's not a camel. That's not to say that they don't hate other camels. Just not as much as they hate you.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Lest my hypocrisy be pointed out, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, 7/11 hot dogs, when they reach that dry, greasy, wrinkled, almost jerky point that most people decree are not edible....I LOVE them, with mustard, onions, and jalapeños...and bright yellow, gloppy cheese like substance... I know I am wrong and submit myself to community punishment...but...damn...worth it. Before excommicating me, realize that I like food, and taste matters, and if I like the taste and you don't, SCREW YOU. My tongue is not the same as yours. Nor should it be. That is what creates a gastronomic (shit, did I just use that word?) variation, and competitive, culinarily edgy experience...

pat

User Tag List