Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PCC Semi-Kaboom

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Glad the missus is okay, Dan.
    Thanks. She asked if we were going to practice again today, but I haven't changed out the trigger yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    This is all good info, but is there a reason you're being so secretive on brands and platforms?

@5pins, can you try this with your Colt 635? I'm just curious. I was told by our FTU years back that the bolt needed to be within a mm or two of closed in order for the hammer to strike the FP. I'm wondering how true that is, especially since we're playing GS-14 classified with platforms here.
    Give me a few days and I will see.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

This is all good info, but is there a reason you're being so secretive on brands and platforms?
    I'm not trying to play need to know, I just think I need to call the bolt mfg before I go throwing them under the bus. I stated this in my first post: Not going to provide details on components until I've reached out to them Monday. Not being bound to the necessity of dates, days of the week and times as I am, I saw a sign today on a business announcing they would be closed Monday for Labor Day, so I guess that will be Tuesday.

The don't drop names before you've contacted the manufacturer is actually one of the policies I agree with over on M4C.

I went over it again with my wife and my conclusion is that I cleaned up the GI trigger too much. I described it as it is a single stage with a pretty crisp light break with minimal reset. It arrived at that state by me polishing the engagement surfaces with non-abrasive metal polish. It function checked okay, and I ran a hundred or so rounds through the PCC after I had finished it. In talking with my wife she said that when she was pushing the splits (my words)a lot of her second shots were going off a little before she expected them, so I think we just had a perfect storm.

Anyhow, she has a new LaRue MBT2 in it now, I took it to the range earlier this evening and ran a couple of 40 mags through it - after I re-verified the zero since I had the optic off, I shot the rest of the rounds as hammered pairs. Worked well.

Oh, her buffer was 7.6 ounces at the UPS store (not the 7.2 I reported, and not the 7.5 the manufacturer advertised). The buffer in my PCC was 8.2 so I swapped and put the 8.2 in hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Is this plausible?
    I have a hard time believing that with two OOB in a row, the second managed to push a previous bullet of of the barrel and blew the case, but nothing else happened. Did the second case actually eject? There's really no way to know when the bulged case fired. If its bullet managed to exit the barrel, it could have happened at any time prior to the blown case. That makes more sense to me, but there's no way to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I stated this in my first post: Not going to provide details on components until I've reached out to them Monday. Not being bound to the necessity of dates, days of the week and times as I am, I saw a sign today on a business announcing they would be closed Monday for Labor Day, so I guess that will be Tuesday.
    Totally understandable.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Did you repeat your primer test with the swaped trigger? Different result?

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    Did you repeat your primer test with the swaped trigger? Different result?
    Same result - you made me go redo the exercise LOL!

@5pins, can you try this with your Colt 635? I'm just curious. I was told by our FTU years back that the bolt needed to be within a mm or two of closed in order for the hammer to strike the FP. I'm wondering how true that is, especially since we're playing GS-14 classified with platforms here.
    Yes I was able to get my Colt Clone to fire a primer out of battery.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

No shit. Good to know, thanks for verifying.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List