Thread: Kimber K6s Way better with the new grips!!

Kimber K6s Way better with the new grips!!

Had one of the early ones, painful. Just picked up a local TLE, added the Kimber “core” grips and it changed the gun!! Way more comfortable to shoot. Just put on some of the new Hogue Bantams, smaller with nice palm swells, still allows “3 finger grip” can’t wait ti try it with these. The sights are great, accurate, nice trigger pull. Just needs an Ameriglo like front!!

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Had one of the early ones, painful. Just picked up a local TLE, added the Kimber “core” grips and it changed the gun!! Way more comfortable to shoot. Just put on some of the new Hogue Bantams, smaller with nice palm swells, still allows “3 finger grip” can’t wait ti try it with these. The sights are great, accurate, nice trigger pull. Just needs an Ameriglo like front!!
    100% agree. Installed Control Core today, no more dangling pinky and a better grip angle. With large hands no more too-much-finger-through-the-triggerguard problem. Can’t wait to get it to the range...sticking with .38+P though still. I like the rounded off profile for conceal carry, Crimson Trace makes nice grips, laser-lights not required.

I’ve been waiting for a set of the Hogue Bantams to show up somewhere without outrageous shipping.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Agreed! I picked up a set of the Core when they were first available and they were a huge improvement over the factory wood. I picked up the new Hogues a couple of weeks ago and think they are perfect. I still got some serious “palm sting” when shooting stoked mag loads with the Core but that has been eliminated with the Houges. Also, Houges fit my hand better which I think is due to increased palm swell. I have the DCR version with the red fiber optic front sight and blacked out rear. That kind of sight set up is by far my favorite.

Medmo, that’s encouraging. I am digging the slight palm swells as well. I just got my sight setup like you describe. I called night Fision to try and persuade them to make a sight set for the Kimber and LCRs!

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Medmo, that’s encouraging. I am digging the slight palm swells as well. I just got my sight setup like you describe. I called night Fision to try and persuade them to make a sight set for the Kimber and LCRs!
    That sight option would be very interesting. Please keep us all updated. Since I’ve added the Hogues this revolver is perfect for my needs. The longer I own it the more I’m enjoying shooting it and I’ve been toting it around the ranch. Carrying it in an old Hunter belt holster designed for a J frame 2” with snake shot in the first chamber. One snake down last week and one big toad down about an hour ago. Ordered a C&G Covert for it yesterday. Below are the three sets of grips I have. Factory wood, Core and Hogue.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Shooting Magnums very well with the new Hogue Bantams.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post

Shooting Magnums very well with the new Hogue Bantams.
    Hell yeah, you are! Nice.

Medmo: thanks I wish I could do that everyday, NOT! The target I received with the gun after being shipped in for service was 6rounds in one hole at15 yds from a Ransom Rest with 158 gr Magnums.

User Tag List