Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are the updated Leupy DPP's available yet?

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    @GJM

Are these holding up? Did the various issues you've found get resolved?
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....e-sucks/page24

I believe he addresses it in the last half dozen or so pages here
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yes
    Thank you for that information. I will purchase a unit based on your recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    Thank you for that information. I will purchase a unit based on your recommendation.
    Is your slide direct milled? If not, you should also look at the SRO.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Is your slide direct milled? If not, you should also look at the SRO.
    I've got a 2019 STI Stacatto P that is direct milled for the DPP. I have a Gen2 RMR on there now, but I'd like to run the DPP if it's fit for duty. I don't currently have any pistols set up for sport to run an SRO on. Perhaps when I retire in the next 16 months, I'l l finally have to time to try IDPA and IPSC.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    I've got a 2019 STI Stacatto P that is direct milled for the DPP. I have a Gen2 RMR on there now, but I'd like to run the DPP if it's fit for duty. I don't currently have any pistols set up for sport to run an SRO on. Perhaps when I retire in the next 16 months, I'l l finally have to time to try IDPA and IPSC.
    If you can make BUIS work with the Pro on your installation, I think the Pro compares favorably to a RMR in display quality.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

If you can make BUIS work with the Pro on your installation, I think the Pro compares favorably to a RMR in display quality.
    I'm anxious to try it, and to be honest, I had given up on the DPP based on others' experiences with earlier models. I'll give it another shot.

DPP Repair

4 year old DPP with 30,000 + rounds before it went south. Was with Leupold repair less than 3 weeks, just returned today. New glass, new battery cover lid, and new circuit board. New circuit board is blue, not green just as previously identified. Hopefully another 4 years and 30,000 + rounds.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    I received my DDP from Dawson Precision the other day. It has the Blue board and is an AG serial number, so I believe it's the most recent version. I ordered it for my Staccatto C2 DUO to try the direct milling. (Still waiting on the C2 DUO)... I like the increased size of the window over my RMR and of course the ease of changing the battery. If it doesn't work out, it's an easy changeover to an RMR with the supplied plate.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

User Tag List