Thread: Fiocchi .380 ACP 90gr XTP in Vyse Ballistics Gel (retest)

Fiocchi .380 ACP 90gr XTP in Vyse Ballistics Gel (retest)

Test Gun: Ruger LCP
    Barrel length: 2.75 inches.
    Ammunition: Fiocchi .380 ACP 90gr XTP
    Test media: 10% Vyse Ballistics Gel.
    Distance: 10 feet.
    Chronograph: Caldwell Ballistic Precision Chronograph G2.
    Five shot velocity average: 808fps
    BB Calibration: 3.75 inches.

https://general-cartridge.com/2020/0...cs-gel-retest/
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Good data there! Thanks!
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    As the article discusses, this is the first public-domain test of 90gr XTP into organic gel that I'm aware of. Thanks.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Hammertime
    Thanks for that! The difference between the organic and clear gel is pretty concerning given how many people use the clear gel as a standard.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post

Test Gun: Ruger LCP
    Barrel length: 2.75 inches.
    Ammunition: Fiocchi .380 ACP 90gr XTP
    Test media: 10% Vyse Ballistics Gel.
    Distance: 10 feet.
    Chronograph: Caldwell Ballistic Precision Chronograph G2.
    Five shot velocity average: 808fps
    BB Calibration: 3.75 inches.

https://general-cartridge.com/2020/0...cs-gel-retest/

Taken from your write up on your webpage: "Again we see how different the performance was when compared to Clear gel. In the clear gel the bullets shot into the heavy clothing didn’t expand at all. This simply reinforces my choice to stop using Clear gel."—5pins

Great choice!

Now if only the rest of those conducting terminal ballistic testing on the internet would experience a similar epiphany!

Keep up the great work!
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 09-03-2020 at 03:01 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Thanks for that! The difference between the organic and clear gel is pretty concerning given how many people use the clear gel as a standard.
    Are there any tests where ammo performed well in 4 layers of denim into clear gel but where they did NOT perform well in organic gel?

Excellent, thanks. The big downside to this load, in my experience, is muzzle flash. It is extremely bright, even in daylight. I bought 500 rounds of it two years ago, at a great price. Glad I bought it, but I wished they would've used a lower flash powder.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    It sure is, Doc.

Unfortunately, not many people are paying attention to the several independent sources who've debunked the claims by the clear gel manufacturer that their clear gelatin-like product is a valid test medium that correlates with human soft tissues in terminal ballistic testing. I am thrilled to see 5pins doing what he is doing as there are very few folks doing any real testing in the free public domain using actual honest-to-Pete organically-derived ordnance gelatin.

As of this writing, the clear ballistics gelatin-like product manufacturer has yet to provide any evidence of their claims even though we have sources ranging from our very own Dr. Roberts, as well as Mike Wood of PoliceOne.com, John Ervin of Brassfetcher.com, Andrew Butts of The Chopping Block/AR15.com, and ShootingTheBull410 who've demonstrated that the Clear Ballistic Gel manufacturer's claims about the validity of their product is false. What the clear gel manufacturer has done is to make a lot of money while foisting a faulty product on the masses which continues to serve to discredit the field of terminal ballistics testing every single time that it is used.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

I put a hundred each of the Precision One and the Fiochi through my LCP2.

Total reliability and easy shooting, laser like rounds.

Great post, 5pins!

380 Auto is what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhmJoIWEb0I

User Tag List