Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Hot Climate USPSA Shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thanks again all. Looking over the options I came upon this 100% polyester long sleeve by Hanes, so I am going to order a couple in p-f orange:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Attachment 59837
    I wear these all the time. Mostly short sleeve, but long sleeve for in the sun. I get them in graphite. Light enough in color to not collect the heat from the sun but dark enough to not show dirt. There's also the grey man effect. I find them ever so much cooler than a cotton T-shirt.

Unless you want your neck to end up cracked like a lizard, you want neck protection. My favorite hot weather USPSA upper garment is the Arcterx Remige.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Unless you want your neck to end up cracked like a lizard, you want neck protection. My favorite hot weather USPSA upper garment is the Arcterx Remige.
    Thanks, @GJM. I’m going to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I have had some shirts that once I sweat, it was like the stuff was bonded to the shirt.
    Have you tried adding Borax to the wash? That along with not using fabric softener (skip both the liquid in the wash and sheets in the dryer), and using less detergent, worked to stop odors on my stuff. Too much detergent causes a build up which actually promotes odor. Fabric softener does the same. Borax helps kill off, and wash away, all the odor causing bacteria.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Have you tried adding Borax to the wash? That along with not using fabric softener (skip both the liquid in the wash and sheets in the dryer), and using less detergent, worked to stop odors on my stuff. Too much detergent causes a build up which actually promotes odor. Fabric softener does the same. Borax helps kill off, and wash away, all the odor causing bacteria.
    I am not sure all that my wife tried, but it was only those shirts. Never had an issue with any others. We do have Borax as well as Lysol concentrate (the old style stuff in the brown plastic bottle).

I am not sure all that my wife tried, but it was only those shirts. Never had an issue with any others. We do have Borax as well as Lysol concentrate (the old style stuff in the brown plastic bottle).
    If the old school Lysol didn't work, that's some tough stuff.

Please let us know how those do with odors. I have had some shirts that once I sweat, it was like the stuff was bonded to the shirt. It literally smelled fresh out of the dryer. My wife took it as a personal insult and washed by hand, in the machine with different detergents, and finally conceded defeat and tossed them. Not sure if I it was me but it was definitely not good.
    Not really bright colors but Velocity Systems range and rugby shirts may be the most comfortable thing I’ve ever worn on my upper torso.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Not really bright colors but Velocity Systems range and rugby shirts may be the most comfortable thing I’ve ever worn on my upper torso.
    I agree, especially since the short sleeve version is available (at least direct from Velocity Systems) without the sleeve pockets which makes it even more low-profile.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Well crap my purchase was disapproved by SWMBO ("You won't like all polyester, Rich") so I ordered one of these cotton/poly 60/40 instead:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachment 59843

I find poly/ cotton blends less comfortable than pure cotton or polyester designed to wick and breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I’m with George on this one. Shot a ten stage section match Sunday, then spent all day outside in New Mexico Tuesday. My pale Nordic skin would have been boiled lobster red without the hood and a baseball cap. I have a couple of knockoffs, but the Arcteryx are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I find poly/ cotton blends less comfortable than pure cotton or polyester designed to wick and breathe.

I’m with George on this one. Shot a ten stage section match Sunday, then spent all day outside in New Mexico Tuesday. My pale Nordic skin would have been boiled lobster red without the hood and a baseball cap. I have a couple of knockoffs, but the Arcteryx are the best.
    I wear something called a Kalahari hat. It's great for heavy sun.

User Tag List