Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Best Hot Climate USPSA Shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I find poly/ cotton blends less comfortable than pure cotton or polyester designed to wick and breathe.

I’m with George on this one. Shot a ten stage section match Sunday, then spent all day outside in New Mexico Tuesday. My pale Nordic skin would have been boiled lobster red without the hood and a baseball cap. I have a couple of knockoffs, but the Arcteryx are the best.
    Gotcha, and I'll see how this green cotton/poly one works out in future matches. I may yet be able to sneak one of these orange L/S Hanes polyester shirts past the boss, but I'll probably have to disguise it as an order from Homegoods.

PS that wouldn't have been Shooting Range Park in Albuquerque, would it? I did one match there on our RV trip. For sure, daytime, I'd be wearing l/s with neck protection.

Neck gaiter s work well for that too.

I almost always wear a hat cape for summer run n Gun events now. It's amazing how much cooler it keeps you.

https://www.amazon.com/CoolNES-Remov.../dp/B00ZC2AXRG

Also headsweats brand caps can be had with a built in cape. This plus a collared shirt keeps your neck protected and allows tons of airflow.

Those look great too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    I wear something called a Kalahari hat. It's great for heavy sun.
    I need a wide brimmed hat, I’ll look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

PS that wouldn't have been Shooting Range Park in Albuquerque, would it? I did one match there on our RV trip. For sure, daytime, I'd be wearing l/s with neck protection.
    Match was in Forest Lake, MN. NM for work.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I almost always wear a hat cape for summer run n Gun events now. It's amazing how much cooler it keeps you.

https://www.amazon.com/CoolNES-Remov.../dp/B00ZC2AXRG

Also headsweats brand caps can be had with a built in cape. This plus a collared shirt keeps your neck protected and allows tons of airflow.
    I have one, but for me the sun hoodie plus a ball cap protects the neck, ears and forehead and stays in place while running. Face needs sunscreen thoug.

I just run Columbia longeeve PFG shirts. The have SPF, good fit and not expensive. You want something just a little loose and light colored to max the cooling ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Match was in Forest Lake, MN.
    Love shooting at FLSC. MN Section match? Part of me wishes I hadn't canceled out of that. How were the stages this year? At least it wasn't as soggy as last year, I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Love shooting at FLSC. MN Section match? Part of me wishes I hadn't canceled out of that. How were the stages this year? At least it wasn't as soggy as last year, I assume?
    Yes, MN section. Weather was so much better than last year, sunny and high 70s.

Stages were interesting, a mix of short and long, with more activating targets than last year.

I've gone to the Outdoor Research Echo shirts and long sleeves. They're not bad to double up if you need a second layer on a cool morning, but breath extremely well.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Well crap my purchase was disapproved by SWMBO ("You won't like all polyester, Rich") so I ordered one of these cotton/poly 60/40 instead:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachment 59843
    So this shirt arrived today:

- Size fit is accurate to the size of the shirt
    - Made in Haiti
    - It's a 60/40 cotton/poly, and every bit as comfy as my Nike Dri-Fit
    - No logo
    - Color is very bright flourescent green

(the bright color I was specifically looking for, as my local matches take place in enclosed shooting bays which are under cover, and in the evening, so it's pretty dark. As I mentioned, I've been in a match where I got the load and make ready and saw a gentleman downrange pasting. So I really don't want to wear dark/black shirts when I'm resetting targets.)

- $7.53 including shipping, not bad

I'll put it through the wash to see if it's color fast and doesn't shrink. But I'm pretty pleased with it, and plan to order a few more of this same shirt for matches and competition if it works out.

User Tag List