Thread: Best Hot Climate USPSA Shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    So this shirt arrived today:

- Size fit is accurate to the size of the shirt
    - Made in Haiti
    - It's a 60/40 cotton/poly, and every bit as comfy as my Nike Dri-Fit
    - No logo
    - Color is very bright flourescent green

(the bright color I was specifically looking for, as my local matches take place in enclosed shooting bays which are under cover, and in the evening, so it's pretty dark. As I mentioned, I've been in a match where I got the load and make ready and saw a gentleman downrange pasting. So I really don't want to wear dark/black shirts when I'm resetting targets.)

- $7.53 including shipping, not bad

I'll put it through the wash to see if it's color fast and doesn't shrink. But I'm pretty pleased with it, and plan to order a few more of this same shirt for matches and competition if it works out.
    These X-temp shirts by Hanes are good to go. I ordered a couple more for use at the gym. They are very comfy.

I also ordered one of these "Jerzees" brand cotton/poly blend longsleeve shirts to try out, since I have an outdoor match coming up next Sunday:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-10-03 10-45-25.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  18.0 KB

How will you protect the back of your neck?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Best Hot Climate USPSA Shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Sunscreen?

And bug spray. Or both, most likely lol.
    Last edited by RJ; 10-03-2020 at 10:31 AM.

Florida: That's why we have mullets.

http://instagram.com/p/CF4vKmIjz6B/

I wish more summerweight/wicking shirts were made with high collars(like a mock turtle) for that reason, and for brass prevention. I’ve got a couple of quarter-zip shirts with high collars that get a lot of use in the summer. Skin cancer of both sides of the family may have something to do with it.....

I’ve found my Techwear jerseys very comfortable in both dry and wet heat...I think the reason so many people use them at matches is less because they make you look like a gamer douche and more because they actually work. Regular range days I use UA, EXO or other wicking shirts, the Velocity boss rugby referenced earlier is also very good but makes you look pretty operator...if you care. If you don’t actual combat shirts are awesome, short sleeve ones are great in the heat and slightly less tacticool looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I used Columbia moisture wicking long sleeve shirts. In TX, like Zinc, I wanted to minimize sun exposure for cancer and sunburn. Also long sleeves gave a bit of protection if an empty bounced on your arm.
    Yep, I'm in FL and I use these and shirts like them. Always long sleeve and I use light colors. Broad brim hat when shooting a pistol, boonie hat for rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

I also ordered one of these "Jerzees" brand cotton/poly blend longsleeve shirts to try out, since I have an outdoor match coming up next Sunday:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Shirt arrived today. Fit is good, and to size. Color is...well, it's pretty bright. Suffice it to say I had to give my wife a pair of sunglasses before she took a look at it. But for the price, it seems well made, stitching is ok, the banded cuffs are nice. It is a little weird, being in FL to have a long-sleeve shirt. I don't actually recall the last time I wore a long sleeve shirt. Maybe that job interview when I re-started work in 2018...but that might be about it.

Anyway, I like it, and will likely order another one (but maybe not in electro-flourescent limey/yellowy green lol.)

This from TCB above > "Velocity boss rugby referenced earlier is also very good but makes you look pretty operator...if you care." w/ emphasis on the last 3 words was my ass yesterday @ a 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    This from TCB above > "Velocity boss rugby referenced earlier is also very good but makes you look pretty operator...if you care." w/ emphasis on the last 3 words was my ass yesterday @ a 3G.
    Their range shirt is the same material and cut without the collar, pockets, and velcro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List