Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we good with Sig now?

Site Supporter
    If I buy a Glock magazine, I don’t feel like I got ripped off on the price, and i am pretty much assured that it is going function in the firearm, retain the ammunition when not in the firearm, and not damage the internal parts of the firearm when jammed inside it - even if I’m putting a longer stick into a shorter grip, like when I carry my G26 with a 15, 17, or 19 round spare magazine.

I have had a number of magazines from Sig do other things, after paying ridiculous amounts of money for them. Without a properly functioning OEM magazine, a gun holds absolutely zero interest for me. Perhaps I am labeling a brand unfairly. Do not care at this point. Glock magazines and pistols work. Sig magazines burned me too many times. Done with that.

I would buy HK based on magazine and functional reliability reputation alone, except that Glocks work and don’t cost so much. Still might end up with a USP anyway.

I'm moderately confident that 2019 P320s are debugged (and for an even higher confidence level, P320s made from May 31 2019 on); I'm less confident that SIG has a viable QC program applicable to all guns they manufacture. An inadequate, or lack of a viable QC program seems to be an emdemic and systemic SIG issue. At least it's an issue I have with SIG.

Best, Jon

I am confident in their MCX rifles. I still think the P320 falls short compared to the Glock unless you want to play the grip frame of the month game. But I learned years ago from playing the pistol grip of the month club on the Ar15 that none of that really makes you a better shooter. While I can use a full-size mag in a compact Glock without risking deadline the gun from a bent ejector unlike the Sig.

Plus there are still enough occupancies of problems with the Sig discharging while holstered to give me pause.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I don't think Glock is a better company then SIG but I know their product is a more reliable weapon.

Glocks were around for over 10 years before they failed DEA drop testing resulting in the original "safety upgrade" program. SIG just followed Glocls playbook on that one.
    I agree Glock is a more reliable/proven product. But Glocks problems started well before they were on the market 10 years. Within a few years of purchase, I had to return an early model that would fire full auto. I wasn't the only one in my area with this issue. We just didn't have the internet to get information out so quickly or widely.

I really, really, really want to get a modern production P210- but am also pretty convinced I'll probably get a lot of teh suck if I did.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Fuck Sig. They’re morally bankrupt.

That’s a NO.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I really, really, really want to get a modern production P210- but am also pretty convinced I'll probably get a lot of teh suck if I did.
    Talk to p-f member Micheal Zeleney first. There are some issues which I don't know if they've been resolved. He's a resident (and world-wide) P210 subject matter expert.

Best, Jon

Vending Machine Operator
    I carry/use Glocks (late Gen 4 and Gen 5) and Gen M2.0 M&Ps exclusively, and have for about 3 years. I trust them. They're very well vetted in a huge variety of real world scenarios. They've had problems but they've generally been fixed and they run. Absolutely nobody credible thinks they're unsafe. As much as you can trust anything mass-produced that you've vetted yourself, I trust them.

My only Sig is an SP2022. It's an older design. Vetted in a huge variety of real world scenarios. I trust it.

I don't own any other Sigs because I do not trust them, currently. I don't care what else their feature set is, if I don't trust them, I have no interest.

Perhaps in 10 years I will happily own the P320 Gen 3 or whatever. We'll see how the company matures or fails to mature the design.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    I am just wondering, have we changed our opinions on Sig, or is this just playing with new toys? Have they shown that they know what they are doing with these new striker guns? Do we trust them?
    Hard no.

Well then . Thanks for all the well thought out replies, this is basically where I was with it, but thought maybe my info was out of date when I started seeing all these threads about the 320 and 365s. I feel better about my purchase of a G43 now that I have your validation, and when you get down to it, that's really what Internet gun forums are for.
    Join FPC

User Tag List