Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we good with Sig now?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The best part is I’ve heard several people say they don’t want to send their 320s in for the “upgrade” because the unaltered guns will be “collectible” sone day.

It’s a damn disposable pistol...
    Collectible??? Hell the new p226 is not collectible. Man, some people’s children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Collectible??? Hell the new p226 is not collectible. Man, some people’s children.

Yeah like slanfire shotguns and the Japanese “surrender” pistols that would fire when you pressed the sear bar.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No reports you are aware of.

IDPA is a fraction of a fraction of active shooters much less gun owners. Most civilian guns are never shot or are shot once.

There are plenty of reports documented in the July 2020 lawsuit filing though, in fairness some of those were NDs not ADs. Many of the actual ADs are LE related, simply because LE carry, handle, and knock around pistols more than civilians.

I’m pretty confident SIG has figured out the “how” of making a truly drop safe P320.

Whether SIG can execute that design consistently is a separate issue.

SIG has made over 1,000,000 P320s. If the filing in the July 2020 lawsuit is accurate less than 20% of the original design P320s have been sent in for the “voluntary upgrade.”

SIG is not the first fully tensioned striker gun to have documented instances of firing in a duty holster after a sharp impact. See the FN FNS. FN was able to fix this issue in the 509 but it was a thing.
    I'm also LE-trainer and haven't seen any bulletins, warnings and or banning of P320s in my State. Nothing from the training council, nothing from the Chiefs nor LE firearms instructors group.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post

So putting my opinion aside. Sig fucked up with the voluntary program. That was a joke. They should have made it a recall.
    ...and they should have done so when they knew about the issue, which was much earlier then the news broke to most people. People got shot because Sig was hoping nobody would notice. I wonder how many P320 owners still don't know.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy1 View Post
    I'm also LE-trainer and haven't seen any bulletins, warnings and or banning of P320s in my State. Nothing from the training council, nothing from the Chiefs nor LE firearms instructors group.
    They you know that politics plays a role in whether or not those type of communications go out and if they do it is after the horse has left the barn.

Read the actual court filing in the July 2020 lawsuit. I linked it in the other thread. Not all those are true mechanical AD's (vs NDs) but enough are that it's an issue.

I can tell you there were at least 4 actual ADs and a major PD (Dallas) de-authorized P320s without public explanation prior to the CT SWAT cop filing the first lawsuit.

The current guns should be GTG but there are still agencies out there with the older, non upgraded guns. If the chief or rangemaster is a SIG fan or just a flat earther who doesn't believe SIG could put out a bad product you can have ADs happening inaccurately listed as NDs.

When it comes to gun companies, especially LE sales issues Todd G. Nailed it - Trust No One. http://pistol-training.com/articles/...rs-perspective

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Because earlier in the discussion thread, we had a p-f member who had one with a production date of 31 May that SIG informed him was a recipient of the modifications and was good to go; that's the earliest confirmed date we have, as SIG has otherwise been mute on specifically nailing down when the modification start date was.

Best, Jon
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    ...and they should have done so when they knew about the issue, which was much earlier then the news broke to most people. People got shot because Sig was hoping nobody would notice. I wonder how many P320 owners still don't know.
    How many people got shot?
    The 320 seems to have gained a big following everywhere but hear.
    Larry Vickers said it was the number 2 gun used in his classes.
    Personally I have had no trouble with mine.Carried it and used it in IDPA and USPSA.
    I See many used in these competitions with no problems.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLG View Post
    Personally I have had no trouble with mine.Carried it and used it in IDPA and USPSA.
    I’m sure USPSA shooters with non drop safe CZ shadows with extended firing pins would say the same yet one was just dropped killing an RO.

You can get a pretty good count on people shot unintentionally with P320s here though some of the self inflicted wounds detailed here are actually Negligent discharges rather than pure mechanical accidental discharges.

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...63c886.pdf.pdf

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLG View Post
    The data is already posted for you, but I expect it's irrelevant. I'm not really interested in what large amounts of uninformed to semi-informed people elect to use. Uncle Mike has been making holsters for a long time, after all, and I bet sells more then any of the kydex benders who sponsor this forum and make a hell of a lot better product.

Lots of people drove around with a Takata claymore-style airbag, too. Lots of things aren't an issue until they are an issue.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Lots of things aren't an issue until they are an issue.
    This is so true. Too many people believe since it did not happen to them all is fine with the world.

User Tag List