Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we good with Sig now?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How do you like your arex?

Is the safety usable or just in the way ?
    Oh, I don't have one. By "else" I meant Farscott (who had the Alpha--and seemed to like it) and the guy who had the Delta (which apparently sucked).

It seems like you're getting pretty much everything you'd want in a P-series Sig... plus a safety. Just like to hear some anecdotes on how they shoot, carry, feel, etc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Oh, I don't have one. By "else" I meant Farscott (who had the Alpha--and seemed to like it) and the guy who had the Delta (which apparently sucked).

It seems like you're getting pretty much everything you'd want in a P-series Sig... plus a safety. Just like to hear some anecdotes on how they shoot, carry, feel, etc.
    Sorry. I should pay more attention.

Yea I would like to handle one, though it’s tough to beat the P-07 as a DA/SA.

Site Supporter
    Sorry. I should pay more attention.

Yea I would like to handle one, though it’s tough to beat the P-07 as a DA/SA.
    Yeah, I haven’t tried the P-07. I have a PX4cc and I felt like it kinda had that same niche covered. But I’ve always heard good things.

Site Supporter
    Yeah, I haven’t tried the P-07. I have a PX4cc and I felt like it kinda had that same niche covered. But I’ve always heard good things.
    If you like the PX4, and it’s reliable for you, I’m not sure the P-07 would be a huge improvement. I haven’t tried the PX4, but they are both affordable and excellent DA/SA options.

Site Supporter
    If you like the PX4, and it’s reliable for you, I’m not sure the P-07 would be a huge improvement. I haven’t tried the PX4, but they are both affordable and excellent DA/SA options.
    Yeah, that was my reasoning for not trying one. I like the PX4, but it's a little fat and the grip is a little less concealable. And the DA (while light) stacks... has noticeable overtravel. A P239 improves on all those points; didn’t really think a P-07 would present much of an improvement... at least as far as size.

But I’ll say it's tough to beat a PX4 in just pure single action shootability.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 09-14-2020 at 07:54 PM.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    I like the PX4, but it's a little fat and the grip is a little less concealable. And the DA (while light) stacks... has noticeable overtravel. A P239 improves on all those points; didn’t really think a P-07 would present much of an improvement... at least as far as size.

But I’ll say it's tough to beat a PX4 in just pure single action shootability.
    The Px4 has been in desperate need of a corporate-level grip makeover; nearly everything else about it can be "Langdonized" to taste, but the grip is something one is stuck with.

I can pick up a Nano and an APX Carry and know that Beretta is capable of getting it right. They should do so.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    The Px4 has been in desperate need of a corporate-level grip makeover; nearly everything else about it can be "Langdonized" to taste, but the grip is something one is stuck with.

I can pick up a Nano and an APX Carry and know that Beretta is capable of getting it right. They should do so.
    Agree. I’ve got the rubbery Talons on mine. Would probably prefer the gritty texture. Texture aside, I think the overall shape feels awesome.

I’d also like to put Ernest’s improved trigger bar in mine, at some point. Just had other priorities lately.

LMAO @ proximity

Name:  32041F3E-F339-4246-A8F2-15ED9D39A5D6.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  17.7 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

On the topic of commercial vs Gov't contract. I pulled my M18 apart over the weekend. While apart I noticed that the internals looked like the ones pictured found here:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....oncerns/page10

What I found was that the parts on my commercial M18 match the pictures of the DHS pistol in the referenced thread with the exception of the barrel. That doesnt match either picture, Im assuming due to the loaded chamber indicator. But the slide machining matches. The FCU finish and all markings match up. I got one of the first M18's to hit shelves. Im wondering if all M18's are indeed more akin to Govt guns or fist ones out used over runs and current ones use civilian 320 parts? Anyone else have an M18?

Had one, but sold it before even firing it. I've pretty much preferred a hammer fired gun over all others for decades but because I moved back to SA shooting and carry over DA/SA sometime back, and couldn't find what I wanted that could be cocked and locked I "settled" for an M18 because of the trigger and safety. Since then, after reading this and other threads on this and other boards left me feeling I could not trust it completely. And when I was then able to find a couple of good DA/SA guns that can be carried condition one I decided I'd part ways with the striker fired Sig. I do like Sigs, a lot and have several, but that was the only striker fired Sig that I owned. Not any longer.

From my reading I think pictures of the parts do not tell the whole story between government contract guns and civilian market guns. There are coatings and possibly metallurgical differences as well. So the parts may look the same, but similarities may end there.

User Tag List