Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we good with Sig now?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AJD21 View Post
    I love this forum.

“Sigs might be used and tested by all kinds of gov, LE and military but they are shit.”

How about the Arex then?

“No, they have no testing and adoption by all kinds of gov, LE and military so most likely shit”

Oh okay.
    The hole in your argument is assuming the SIG you buy commercially is the same gun tested by and supplied to LE/GOV/MIL. Hint, it's not.

SIG is not the first to do this (looking at you RRA) and they won't be the last.

I’m aware that they are not the same. I guess it depends on how you view that. Maybe Sigs commercial guns have equal quality to Glocks components and the LE/Military guns are superior quality wise.

I’ve also yet to see any conclusive evidence that commercial P320’s small bits are prone to failure. Only boogeyman stories about how they are made in India/Israel so that means they are bad or that the military guns get the good stuff(whatever that means in practical applications hasn’t been explained)

I’m aware that they are not the same. I guess it depends on how you view that. Maybe Sigs commercial guns have equal quality to Glocks components and the LE/Military guns are superior quality wise.

I’ve also yet to see any conclusive evidence that commercial P320’s small bits are prone to failure. Only boogeyman stories about how they are made in India/Israel so that means they are bad or that the military guns get the good stuff(whatever that means in practical applications hasn’t been explained)
    Go buy SIG small parts and typically it says where they are made. It says right on the package made in South Korea or India. No boogeyman, just a fact. Hold a pre-2006 P226 pistol and then pickup a P226 made in 2013. From a distance they look the same. Up close the latter gun will feel like a cheap imitation (which it essentially is).

Glocks are simpler and higher quality per capita than modern SIGs. Sorry, that is just the truth of the matter.

There is a lot more that goes into government contract pistol procurement than objective testing. In fact, I would say actual product evaluation tends to be much more minimal. Most of it honestly comes down to price, politics and management preference.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

I'm not qualified to speak to the characteristics of the metal or longevity of the same. I was involved in the T&E that eventually selected the Glock "M" as our duty weapon and was not impressed by the P320. While I appreciate not having to pull the trigger to break the gun down, that was the only advantage. They objectively did not shoot as well. Not in terms of group size and not in terms of point of aim vs point of impact. The fact Sig knew about the drop safety issue and continued to deny it existed for years (and I know absolutely that they knew and that others under NDAs knew but..you know, NDA) and that resulted in people getting hurt is pretty damning to me. You can go through my history of posting here and find that I really like Sig. Exactly three of my personally owned non-revolver handguns are not a Sig P2XX. If I wasn't issued a Glock I'd still be carrying a P226. I say this to say I have zero desire to buy any current offering from Sig despite my history and preference for their guns at one point, although I'm always up for a good deal on a "real" Sig...
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I’m aware of where they are made. So they are made in South Korea or India...and?

Glocks are better choice, I’m aware of that. At least for now. But not everyone can shoot them as well as a P320.

I’m also aware that Glock got out-Glocked in the politics of Sig getting the P320 adopted by many agencies.

I do think the indian made Sig comments are a red herring. Most those people will likely have no problem putting a Chinese Holosun on their Austrian made pistol.

I just don’t think the P320 is quiet “there yet.” Maybe in a few more years. Maybe not.

I carry appendix, so not for me, no.

I’ve had failures with this part:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  35.3 KB

This part:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  35.5 KB

And a recoil spring failure in addition to other out of spec parts.

Regards.

Site Supporter
    So then.....

This is precisely why I brought up Arex. Steel fuckin locking inserts, homey.

I will then rehash my inquiry: anybody (else) use one?

As a caveat...

I will say my 2011, entirely American-made, MIM-impregnated P229 LE-trade shoots, looks and feels... excellent. But again, it was an LE gun. Maybe it’s better? And I haven’t shot it extensively, yet.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    So then.....

This is precisely why I brought up Arex. Steel fuckin locking inserts, homey.

I will then rehash my inquiry: anybody (else) use one?

As a caveat...

I will say my 2011, entirely American-made, MIM-impregnated P229 LE-trade shoots, looks and feels... excellent. But again, it was an LE gun. Maybe it’s better? And I haven’t shot it extensively, yet.

How do you like your arex?

Is the safety usable or just in the way ?

User Tag List