Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we good with Sig now?

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    To be fair, try finding vital parts for an HK SL-8 or even a P7M8. Many gun companies do this sort of thing, even the very best. I hardly ever run those weapons any more, not because I have broken anything, but because if I do, they are pretty much done.

I’m disinclined to run my 556 Commando for the same reasons.
    I know how you feel about not running them, but then it's ME treating it like a boat anchor so it won't become a boat anchor. I should have bought that milling machine 30 years ago like swore I would. Make my own damn parts.

Someone else mentioned rust. After carrying my 365 for awhile I noticed the front sight was rusting. Any recommendations on products to use to prevent in the future?

My issue is that I shoot my 365 and 365xl better than I do glocks. Glocks do one thing really well and it’s maybe the most important thing; they go bang every time I pull the trigger. My sigs have 1 malfunction each over around 1,000 rounds. My tendency to pull one low and left completely disappeared when I started experimenting with sigs and they just point more naturally for me. Yet I keep reading stories of issues with them and it gives me pause. I suppose I should stop reading and just shoot and trust what MY guns do.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

@JCS, I just sent one off to CCR, (my attempted fix). I generally see rust after 2-3 days between yard work and range work, (I've yet to carry them out of the house, I'm still using a Glock for now). I have never used CCR before but I can let you know how it goes. I imagine it will solve my rust issue with the safety lever, mag button and magazines. I sent 16 mags and a gun, they have an expedite service which is awesome if you care, I think it's $50. Hopefully their finish will hold up well. I have had experience with NP3 and NP3+ which were fantastic so that's what I will be comparing it to. Personally I think anything will be better than what they put on the gun, especially the damn mag catch and controls. Sights I will likely just keep oiled though I've had no issues with Dawson sights rusting in the past and am thinking about switching to them though there is not a night sight option with them if you care.

So far mine are reliable, it's crazy I shot about 200 rounds of Winchester Nato 124gr through the XL yesterday and was not nearly as fatigued as shooting the 43X or 48 with lower velocity loads. In all honesty I was expecting the gun to choke. The XL is a soft gun for its size and weight and was surprised it would run the Nato ammo as well as it did, (not a single hiccup). Oh, and I hear you about the occasional low left going away, funny thing really. Now I seem to get a little snatchy with the trigger since it is so light by comparison to the G48/43X. The good of it is that even with a little snatching of the trigger I'm still just outside of the bull on a B-8 at 25 yards if I'm not being careful, part of it I think is the damn flat face trigger it seems to provide a lot more leverage which I don't care for. My favorite combo is the XL frame and smaller P365 slide.

It's as hard to beat the reliability of the Glock as it is to deny how much easier it is to shoot such a ridiculously small gun at distance or speed now that I think about it. I hope to dedicate some more time on the gun as I would like to take it to Mr. Givens' instructors class come October. I'll let you know how that finish works out, you could get all the controls done and a few mags for a reasonable price.
    Last edited by Mike C; 09-10-2020 at 09:19 PM.

I play Sig apologists often here but as it relates to Sig’s P365 having a lot of issues or the perception of that. Part of that is that Sig sold 1 million of theM in two years. When you have over 1000 pistols being sold basically every day since it was introduced your going to have a flood of complaints due to the sheer number of guns being purchased and taken to the range. It took CZ 31 years to sell 1 million CZ-75 pistols. If Sig took 31 years to sell that many P365’s the frequency of complaints would seem a lot less.

Site Supporter
    Good point on the 365. Man... 1 million pistols.

I just shot my newer P229 LE trade today (2011ish manufacture). It's all US made, half-height slide serrations, MIM locking insert--newest Sig I've owned. I'm a fan of the old-school German Sigs... but... this one shot just as good as the OGs.

Quote Originally Posted by AJD21 View Post
    I play Sig apologists often here but as it relates to Sig’s P365 having a lot of issues or the perception of that. Part of that is that Sig sold 1 million of theM in two years. When you have over 1000 pistols being sold basically every day since it was introduced your going to have a flood of complaints due to the sheer number of guns being purchased and taken to the range. It took CZ 31 years to sell 1 million CZ-75 pistols. If Sig took 31 years to sell that many P365’s the frequency of complaints would seem a lot less.
    And I'll bet 31 years from now I'll still be able to find parts for my 75s!😁

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Someone else mentioned rust. After carrying my 365 for awhile I noticed the front sight was rusting. Any recommendations on products to use to prevent in the future?

My issue is that I shoot my 365 and 365xl better than I do glocks. Glocks do one thing really well and it’s maybe the most important thing; they go bang every time I pull the trigger. My sigs have 1 malfunction each over around 1,000 rounds. My tendency to pull one low and left completely disappeared when I started experimenting with sigs and they just point more naturally for me. Yet I keep reading stories of issues with them and it gives me pause. I suppose I should stop reading and just shoot and trust what MY guns do.
    The TRUGLO sights on SIG pistols are made of carbon steel with a less resistant coating compared to the stainless Nitron slide, and like anything made of carbon steel, some PM is required.

And yes, if you listen to reports of issues you will generally find everything can malfunction. With a very few exceptions. Better to use your personal experience with a specific item.

Quote Originally Posted by AJD21 View Post
    S&W had similar (if not greater) sales numbers with the Shield, minus the numeous issues and recalls.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    S&W had similar (if not greater) sales numbers with the Shield, minus the numeous issues and recalls.
    Not hard to make a pistol the size of the Shield that works well, make one the size of the P365 that has the same capacity and things get trickier.

Pretty sure the Shield had a recall/safety issue if I recall.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    And I'll bet 31 years from now I'll still be able to find parts for my 75s!😁
    There is something to say about widely adopted military guns. CZ-75, Beretta 92, Hi-Powers, Glock, AK, AR - they will all have parts available till the end times. I would suppose the same is true for Sig P22X series guns.

That is the one comforting thing about my Sig 516 - if the gas system goes bad and I can't repair it, I just throw a DI system and I'm still G2G.

I'd still love a 55X rifle though......

User Tag List