Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fight Back Law Atty Lin Wood

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Nyet. They are a monopoly, of the truest form.
    They're really not. There is nothing unique about a tweet or a facebook post. It's just web content and neither facebook nor twitter have a monopoly on web content.

There's nothing stopping you from hosting your own content a la Alex Jones who got 'deplatformed' on twitter for stepping way over the line post-Sandy Hook. His infowars website, btw, is still up.

ISPs terminating accounts for wrongthink, or Google scrubbing one political party's positions from search results, or ICANN blackholing requests for domains like "infowars.com" is a much more reasonable place to draw the line. Because that is what real deplatforming looks like: Functionally erasing someone from the internet. Facebook saying you can't host your content on their data-mining-platform-that-happens-to-look-like-a-social-media-hub is not the same thing.

Student
    We need Section 230 reform.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon Dog View Post
    Yes.
    It's a good thing that we will rely on the law, then, and not on your feelz. I'm guessing you're more of a pro-mob kinda guy, as opposed to pro-monster?

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    It's a good thing that we will rely on the law, then, and not on your feelz. I'm guessing you're more of a pro-mob kinda guy, as opposed to pro-monster?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    What truly galls me is if someone gave him the gun and then didn't watch over him. You don't give a gun to someone you don't know, have no idea of their mental state and abilities and is a minor. It wasn't an SD situation for him where you might give someone a gun in an emergency. The members of any 'group' that wants to be out on the street like that (whether you agree they should be - different issue) needs to be tightly controlled and supervised. You don't wander around. You don't do not have a plan of how you react, your legal responsibilities and abilities and your contingencies.

If you read this interview with the Portland mayor, you can see how many of these folks are out of the depth for today's world: https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/...stance-qa.html

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon Dog View Post
    Yes.
    I feel bad for Kyle for acting on delusions about himself and his actions. I’d have preferred that he PT’d his brains out and enlisted in a year to go get some life experience if he wanted to be a fighting man. I sure can’t see him glorified as some American hero. But he bought the ticket. Now he gets the ride.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Pink Polo and Stripped Polo Shirt Couple and Kyle Rittenhouse would be well served to get competent lawyers and lay low. They were are being used for PR by both sides of the gun debate. Neither set of PR hacks cares one bit about their personal outcome. You get seduced by your 15 minutes of fame.

Neither set will escape their actions unscarred despite folks saying they will be just fine. Think Rittenhouse ever will become a police officer?

If I were to bring forth true defenders with guns - it would be the two guys in the Church shootings. Clean, no possible racial, political blather.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    This is in the hands of the law, I don’t think that either of our feelz should determine the outcome. At the risk of being called something that starts with a T and ends with a roll, I stand by my original statement.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I feel bad for Kyle for acting on delusions about himself and his actions. I’d have preferred that he PT’d his brains out and enlisted in a year to go get some life experience if he wanted to be a fighting man. I sure can’t see him glorified as some American hero. But he bought the ticket. Now he gets the ride.
    Being a fighting man requires training, it takes time to develop and improve. Along the way we acquire discipline and experience. A 17 year old with a gun does not benefit from this. His actions are not worthy of my support.

I am a much different person than I was at 17, there is tragedy on several different levels here, but as you say ‘buy a ticket, take the ride’.

Here is one guy, Robert Barns of Barns Law, that is not very impressed with Rittenhouse's legal team. Jump to about the 50-minute mark.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List