Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Has 2020's Riots Changed Your Mind On Shotguns? Still Viable?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    19. Let the enemy come till he’s almost close enough to touch, then let him have it and jump out and finish him up with your hatchet.
    Any shotgun engagement gnarly enough to be ultimately settled by a combatant closing with a short axe after abandoning his empty longarm will make the front page everywhere. And I'd read the reports like a prarie kid opening a freshly delivered dime novel.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Any shotgun engagement gnarly enough to be ultimately settled by a combatant closing with a short axe after abandoning his empty longarm will make the front page everywhere. And I'd read the reports like a prarie kid opening a freshly delivered dime novel.
    Well, one does not abandon the shotgun.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    Buy one of these to go with your pink polo shirt!

https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/20...o-full-retard/

When Kenosha went south(I live in Kenosha county), I got long guns out. Every member got an AR in their room. Then I stashed 3 shotguns around my hallways and closet.

I have a Benelli M1 with 21” with a mag extension. Ghost loaded to 9 rounds.

Benelli M2 Tactical with 7 rounds

An Ithaca 20 Ga short barrel shotgun with 5 rounds(slam fire capable).

All had 00 buckshots.

I wasn’t planning to reload those. They were backup to the rifles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just took delivery of an Aimpoint Micro S-1, to clamp onto the rib of my Benelli M2 21” barrel. More antipersonnel-oriented shotgun ammo is en route. So, I have affirmed my faith in the viability of the defensive shotgun.
    Last edited by Rex G; 10-02-2020 at 10:17 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I feel very confident with my 1301 loaded with flight control and a side saddle filled with the same to handle a crowd. Rifles are great at what they do, if I am looking to put down threats NOW within 30 yards, my 1301 will be in my hand. Never underestimate the phycological effect it will have on a commie seeing their comrades chest ripped out or head caved in by 8 pellet buck shot

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I feel very confident with my 1301 loaded with flight control and a side saddle filled with the same to handle a crowd. Rifles are great at what they do, if I am looking to put down threats NOW within 30 yards, my 1301 will be in my hand. Never underestimate the phycological effect it will have on a commie seeing their comrades chest ripped out or head caved in by 8 pellet buck shot
    I think @SouthNarc called it well; he's a far deeper and more keen observer of feral humans in groups than I am. Now I will just work on the personal "clear mind and a full heart" aspect... (grin)

I have been able to pick up trickles here and there of both Winchester military 9 pellet 00, and Federal Flite Control 8-pellet 00 rounds, so those are what's on tap. 4+1 in the gun, 5 on the stock, and the rest in a dump pouch for now.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Nope, 1301 Tactical with 8 rds of 00 buck, backed up with a 9mm large form pistol. If 8 rds of 00 Buck and 30 rds of 9mm HP can't solve the problem then I'm in the wrong part of town.
    DON'T PISS OFF OLD PEOPLE. THE OLDER WE GET THE LESS "LIFE IN PRISON' IS A DETERENT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Endorsed by none other than Eddie:

Attachment 59955

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...pqk1pgyV8UdIrN (PDF)

I got a reprint of that article when I went through the Academy. Several years later when I showed up as an instructor, they were still passing them out to students. I referenced the handout as an illustration of why we might want to stay off walls whenever it's tactically sound.

ETA: Please understand that the application explained in the article is not intended to be less-lethal.
    I've done this before on a 200m flat, dirt/grass range that was dry. Unloaded my M4 into the dirt at around 50, and watched the pellets cross the field as dust-poofs every 25-50 yards. Wild!

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I've done away with slugs completely.
    I now have Flite-Control #00 and Winchester Military #00.
    The Flite-Control is what it's loaded with and is my "precision" round (6" group at 25Y) for taking out individual threats.
    The Military buckshot is for getting pellets into as many zombies as I can per shot (18" pattern at 25Y) if I get trapped by a mob.
    After shooting a few deer with slugs, yeah, they have little purpose for me, too.

User Tag List