Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Uncle Scotty Stories: My First LAPD Duty Pistol

Site Supporter
    Since this is the revolver section I should have mentioned, I tried this with my first off duty gun, a Model 60. It was a disaster. As in the story quoted by SCCY Marshal, I had my M60 slide down my jeans leg a couple times before I gave up on it carried that way.

Dave

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Since this is the revolver section I should have mentioned, I tried this with my first off duty gun, a Model 60. It was a disaster. As in the story quoted by SCCY Marshal, I had my M60 slide down my jeans leg a couple times before I gave up on it carried that way.

Dave
    Growing up and early in my career I had several old school NYPD mentors. Back in the day they would put a big wad of rubber bands at the top of the grip / behind the trigger guard to stop holsterless revolvers from sliding down their pants leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Anyone else remember the Two Pesos restaurant chain?
    The Two Pesos on Gessner just north of Long Point was my spot. After a night of $1 long neck Shinner Bocks over at Wild West of course. We would have to “take the edge off” before heading home. Lots of 2 am nachos and tacos.

I hear they were sued out of existence by Taco Cabana. I mean, the places looked identical, but the food at Two Peaos was much better. These days, I recall Working midnights and making 2 am runs from the jail downtown out to Chacho’s on Weathimer. All the titty bars just closed, and the place filled up with dancers. Ahhh the old days...
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

The best revolver for holsterless AIWB is a single-action sixgun, with a loading gate. Flip the loading gate outward, so it rests on the top of one’s belt.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    It’s from the post Revolver era, but I though y’all might like to see some old school Uncle Scotty LAPD Metro training:

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It’s from the post Revolver era, but I though y’all might like to see some old school Uncle Scotty LAPD Metro training:

That was excellent!

One thing, where were the somersaults ? I thought there were supposed to be somersaults....

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I miss the aluminum ones with the screw-caps.
    We used to make carbide lamps out of them. Poke a hole in the lid, then drop in 2-3 carbide rocks, spit into it, and light it with a match. You could black the sights of an M-1 or M-14 before it got too hot to hold but you had to hurry.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    I just want to sit around a fire and listen to DB, WD, Uncle Scotty, Whammy Moreno, ER Walt, and any other old hands talk cop shop then, now, and gear.

100 percent agree with you.

Come to Revolver Roundup. You get to spend the day shooting and fondling some superb revolvers you'll never even see in books. People have no problem handing you a $2,000 revolver and a handful of ammo for you to shot through it.

That night you eat BBQ and get to chat guns with folks like Wayne, Darryl, Greg Ellifritz, Chuck Haggard, Michael Bane, Mark Fricke, Ken Campbell, Claude Werner, Cecil Burch, Hany Mahmoud......

That is what I do every November. It's the most fun class I do all year.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    100 percent agree with you.

Come to Revolver Roundup. You get to spend the day shooting and fondling some superb revolvers you'll never even see in books. People have no problem handing you a $2,000 revolver and a handful of ammo for you to shot through it.

That night you eat BBQ and get to chat guns with folks like Wayne, Darryl, Greg Ellifritz, Chuck Haggard, Michael Bane, Mark Fricke, Ken Campbell, Claude Werner, Cecil Burch, Hany Mahmoud......

That is what I do every November. It's the most fun class I do all year.
    If you can sign up before it sells out...

Has this year’s Roundup been announced yet?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List