Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncle Scotty Stories: My First LAPD Duty Pistol

Site Supporter

Uncle Scotty Stories: My First LAPD Duty Pistol

My plain Jane 67-1 with Goodyears is now stuck in my hand as I pad around. Rather than get anything done or go to bed. Thanks for derailing my evening. I'm even peeling snap caps out of an SKS stripper clip since I lack one of the old purpose-built strips in the video.

Never understood why the stainless Combat Masterpiece doesn't seem to get much love. They're great guns and I'd love a chance to try one of the old bull barreled ones.

Very cool . Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    My plain Jane 67-1 with Goodyears is now stuck in my hand as I pad around. Rather than get anything done or go to bed. Thanks for derailing my evening. I'm even peeling snap caps out of an SKS stripper clip since I lack one of the old purpose-built strips in the video.

Never understood why the stainless Combat Masterpiece doesn't seem to get much love. They're great guns and I'd love a chance to try one of the old bull barreled ones.
    I really like mine.

Name:  E4662638-5C81-4A96-8807-0B7EA8CCAABC.jpg
Views: 1682
Size:  54.8 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

My first duty gun was a S&W Model 66. I was issued a 12 loop ammo slide. I never even wore it. I bought a pouch and two Safariland Comp 2 speed loaders. I never knew there were quad pouches. That was nostalgic listening to him.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Enjoyed the hell out of that video.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I am so sharing this video.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I'm going through the rest of the channel - so far all the Uncle Scotty stories are great. He's one of the people I just love listening too, delivery is excellent and information is fantastic.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter
    That was like watching someone read my mail. (lol)

Started the academy with the same Safariland dump pouches and Speed-e-Loaders. I was lucky in that my department allowed carry of full power 357 Magnums. When My M 28-2 developed problems from too much practice with full power hand loads, all rapid fire DA, I found a clean M-58 to replace it with. Only problem was no one made dump pouches or any kind of strip loader for the 41 Mag. For about 3 months I ended up with a 12 round cartridge loop slide on my duty belt. This was in the first few months of 1974 and although speed loaders were catching on, no one made them for the 41 Mag that I could find. I would insert two in the loops seated down on the rims. The next two I would leave sticking out a bit, and so on for all twelve. Practiced loading two at a time and it was better than dumping 6 loose rounds into my hand like some did in the academy.

Ahhh the memories. (smile)

Dave

Great video. I like these historical look backs. Anyway, I only knew one LE guy in my 37 year career who had a personal model 67 for carry. Everybody else had the blued model 15/19. Must have been that USAF influence. But, I certainly do remember fumbling with the dump pounch on reloads.

User Tag List