Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rodeo Girl and Reckless Kelly video

Very cool. I had to watch it twice to catch your girl, but it was worth it. I've been a big fan of Reckless Kelly for a while.

This is the kind of post that I needed to remind me that, despite the political issues and upheaval, the USA has a bright future as long as we have young people like Lost River's daughter. Work and setbacks are the norm; how they are addressed speaks to character. She and the others like her are the best hope for our country's future.

Awesome thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

She of course is too hard headed to take it easy, and would not listen about backing off and letting herself heal..
    Where do you suppose she got that from?

It's stuff like this that keeps me coming back to this site. Thanks Lost, I appreciate the way you are raising the next generation.
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

This story makes me happy. It's a world apart from what's happening around my family, and it gives me confidence that a bright future for America is still possible. I'm a little jealous too
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Most excellent! She’s a badass.

This is quite likely the post that is going to be #1 for this year . . . maybe for the next couple of years!

God, it just makes one feel good to be alive.

100% of her success is due to the hardass (on the outside) woman shown seated on the tailgate next to her.

That is her coach.

She and I rodeo'ed together at Boise State back in the day and she did not have kids of her own, so she decided to "adopt" mine.

When other kids got easy to ride "push button" horses, she put little Miss Kimber on a pony that was hard to control right from the start.

She made things tough for her!

When Kimbers tiny little spaghetti noodle arms could not hold up the heavy .45s practicing dry firing in the arena, she pushed her anyways.

Horses welfare came before your own.

I made cracks that she was like a Russian ballet coach!

Kimber owes all of her success to her. She had talent, but her coach developed it and made her put in the work.

I just do what I am told..

And occasionally give a history lesson on a flag she carries..

Site Supporter
    Nice work, @Lost River. You’re clearly doing a great job raising that gal.

User Tag List