Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Are GP100 7 shot .357's reliable now?

Thanks all

Talon tape grip fix

The gun "squirmed" a little more than I like with the heavy load, but a little Talon textured tape on the grip panel fixed it.

FB915ABB-0B48-4DDF-AAC4-8CE62B16FF8D by Bruce, on Flickr

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in WV View Post
    The gun "squirmed" a little more than I like with the heavy load, but a little Talon textured tape on the grip panel fixed it.

FB915ABB-0B48-4DDF-AAC4-8CE62B16FF8D by Bruce, on Flickr

Can you show a pic of the whole gun with that tape on it? That actually looks good.

picture

Changed picture apps and added last picture back to thread. This picture shows the Talon tape clearly on a set of CTC laser grips I need for old eyes and low light.
    Unfortunately the cylinder pictures aren't replaceable.

That Talo 3" adj sight 7 shot is getting pretty hard to find: that's why I settled on the 2 1/2" model.
    I hope Ruger brings one out as a regular catalog item.

That Talo 3" adj sight 7 shot is getting pretty hard to find: that's why I settled on the 2 1/2" model.
    I hope Ruger brings one out as a regular catalog item.
    I had one in my sights before the Covid hit ... but I missed out ... It was at a semi-LGS ... I was a day late and dollar short...

A 7 shot 357 snubbie is on my short list when things turn back to normal..

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Changed picture apps and added last picture back to thread. This picture shows the Talon tape clearly on a set of CTC laser grips I need for old eyes and low light.

The Talon tape looks surprisingly "right," and has to be functionally superior to the slick factory panels.

Which reminds me...

I need to get off my lazy tail and find someone to make me a set of checkered American holly inserts for the GP100 compact grip.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

I have one and it has been as good as my 3” 6 shot one. It took 2 trips to Ruger. The first for rim lock - replaced with a brand new gun. The second had a rough action that they smoothed out. It is a great revolver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies for reviving a dead thread, but I thought it'd be better to post to this one rather than making a new thread with the same question. Since it's 2022 and the supposedly-revised models have been out for a bit now, do we know for sure whether the 7 shot GP100s are good to go?

Anyone have reports?

User Tag List