Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Week 387: Modified LAPD D-Platoon Qual

Nomad 9 lower/gen 5 mos upper with holosun. Haven defense holster on an enigma. closed front shirt concealment.

Total score - 336 (4 points off PR) from holster

25 - 52/60 under par
    15 - 51/60 under par
    10 - 58/60 under par
    7 - 58/60 under par
    5 - 59/60 under par
    3 - 58/60 under par

Had a few instances where the clip slapped the timer and added extra shots, hence the extra hits showing on a few pics.

Similar to last time, no completely clean (all 10's) runs vs last time but i didn't have any misses at 25. I like the gun well enough and continue to enjoy this as a staple most sessions. Next time I'll run it from the ready as intended.

25 yards d2x3

15 yards d2x3

10 yards f2sx2

7 yards f2sx2

5 yards f2sx2

3 yards f2sx2

If you haven't ran this from the ready or the draw yet I recommend it. Covers a lot of ground in a short session. Probably best from the ready like the HiTS guys recommend it and as it is intended.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

I've run this a few times lately with my gen3 G19 and irons. I typically score in the ~ 85% range, but sometimes break over 90% to pass. I lose most of my points at 25 yards. It's a good one.

I ran this today but with simulated cover (just a spare target in front of me but it created an obstacle to shoot around). From the holster for me with the same par times. For the three 25 and 15 yard strings I went right, left, kneeling right and from the 10 yard line in I did one string from each side.

I ended up with a 316 final. That was with one 3x5 miss at 3 and a .05 over time shot that cost me 10 at 7. I can live with the ot but the 3x5 miss hurts. Either of those could have taken me to a passing 90%. But it was not to be.

Points were attained as follows -

25 - 55/60

15 - 52/60

10 - 58/60

7 - 50/60 (60/60 but -10 for .05 ot)

5 - 57/60

3 - 44/60 (1 mike on 3x5)

Still one of my favorite test or quals out there. I enjoy running it regularly and I'm glad that the HiTS guys shared it with us. I'll continue to modify it to meet my needs as time goes but it's just a great standard.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

G19 build w/ Swampfox Justice optic.
    From low ready, as per Mr. Dobbs.

Score 299/83%. All shots under par times.

Name:  20230421_195823.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  26.1 KB

Always love shooting new drills! They show me what I'm lacking on, in this case, better shooting at the 25 yard line, as I missed 4 of those shots...was in way too much of a hurry, way under par on those.

In fact, fired a 4 shot group after thr drill on a different target and the hits weren't terrible at all, just went too fast in the drill.

No problems at all with the Mozambiques 10 yards and in...because I practice those alot. HA! The last 2 at 3 yards were 1.55 and 1.62, with good hits. And I think all the F.A.S.T. drills have paid off as well in that regard.

My clustering over to the left indicates a need for more diligent dryfire, which I have not done much of lately.

You guys who're scoring well in this out of the holster are studs, that's off to ya.

User Tag List