Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carrying in Pants Without Belt Loops

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Pra a Stretch Zion in camo or sepia are my standard pants. They have a belt and belt loops, allowing me to wear a holster with no extra belt, or use my Velcro inner belt for comp. on sale right now, 30 percent off.
    The Prana stretch zions are excellent. Lightweight, look good, dry fast. Thus far, they haven't stained from blood or gun oil. They're nylon, so don't sit too near the campfire. Interestingly, the slider on the integrated belt fits perfectly between the two snap loops on my JM wingclaw, stabilizing the holster.

Also GTG are the Beyond Clothing ventum ultralights, both pants and shorts.
    https://beyondclothing.com/collectio...31765132738622

Both the Zions and Ventums hold up well to training/range use and are much more comfortable than many other options.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Question on fit: I like the look of those Prana Zion Chinos, but they look a little snug in the glute/thigh area. My problem is that getting a waist that fits often means the seat ends up too snug on the deadlift butt, like, Friday night in the rainbow flag section of town snug. Getting something with enough room in the back pocket area means either a loose waist or really baggy/sloppy looking lower legs. Anyone have issues with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    Getting something with enough room in the back pocket area means either a loose waist or really baggy/sloppy looking lower legs. Anyone have issues with that?
    Well, sorta, but more with my aging gut...

Site Supporter
    Anyone have issues with that?
    Yes. My Brions (30x32; my usual size) are pretty much skin tight down to mid thigh. A looser waist would not work for me. The tightness and the stretchy material combine to make anything I put in the front pockets stick out in an unsightly way. I wouldn’t bet on being able to effectively conceal a business card in those pockets, which are also on the shallow side.

On the other hand, the material is soft, light, flexible, and durable, it dries quickly and it sheds water quite well. The pants are extremely comfortable.

Throwing my .02 in.

I use on occasion the RCS vanguard 2(G48)when out and about or lounging around in sweats or workout shorts. It does a pretty good job and quite minimalist since just covers the trigger guard. I do worry sometimes about the amount of fabric not being enough to keep the holster from coming out with the pistol during a draw though.

Question on fit: I like the look of those Prana Zion Chinos, but they look a little snug in the glute/thigh area. My problem is that getting a waist that fits often means the seat ends up too snug on the deadlift butt, like, Friday night in the rainbow flag section of town snug. Getting something with enough room in the back pocket area means either a loose waist or really baggy/sloppy looking lower legs. Anyone have issues with that?
    I've often got that issue and have those pants, no concerns. I love them for backpacking and general working out in the sun. I wear them daily rucking too, no issues. If it weren't for the dumbass cargo pocket on the side I'd have more of them.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I've often got that issue and have those pants, no concerns. I love them for backpacking and general working out in the sun. I wear them daily rucking too, no issues. If it weren't for the dumbass cargo pocket on the side I'd have more of them.
    Looked beyond REI and found them. https://www.prana.com/p/brion-pant/M...ordion-details
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Orionz, STI911 or GJM any feedback using the long pant version of the Prana Brion’s for shooting or other outdoor tasks?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Orionz, STI911 or GJM any feedback using the long pant version of the Prana Brion’s for shooting or other outdoor tasks?
    No experience with the Brions, so I defer. My tech gear crack dealer steered me to the Zions as they are a more generous cut. BUT, material and basic construction is the same, so I would expect the same overall performance. I wear mine for range, rec, in the woods and brush, and rough country hiking.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    No experience with the Brions, so I defer. My tech gear crack dealer steered me to the Zions as they are a more generous cut. BUT, material and basic construction is the same, so I would expect the same overall performance. I wear mine for range, rec, in the woods and brush, and rough country hiking.
    Same here. I have the regular Zion and straight Zion pants. The straight Zions are trimmer.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List