Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carrying in Pants Without Belt Loops

I like Discreet Carry Concept and Tracker Dan clips for IWB holsters that allow use with or without a belt as they can grab onto cloth. You can probably use one of these options with your current Kydex holster depending on hole spacing.

Eat more and walk less, soon you will be able to fit in fat-guy trousers, like me! Seriously, how about a Hill People Runner's/Gear bag for when you are out walking?

Liner belt under pants.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    I have absolutely no inside information but Phlster had been posting some stuff recently that makes me think there is a solution coming from them. There have been IG posts with Jon and his wife in belt loop free clothes claiming "normal" guns. I have used my regular belt under shorts a fair amount but will happily pay for a better option if the price is reasonable.

Edited because spelling is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Prana is an outdoor/climbing-oriented clothing company which offers small waist sizes, and I’ve been generally pleased with their pants (4 different models). Their Brion pants are like a thin softshell.
    Ah, yeah, I've been looking into prAna, the Brions and the Zions are both on my radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Doublestack45 View Post
    I have had luck with Patagonia and Wild Things Gear for years now, as the stretchy material allows them to take abuse.
    I'm looking specifically at Arc'teryx because I have a nice coupon code for them. Beyond that, does Wild Things still have a civilian line? Seems like they went all military now, and I've got enough MultiCam softshells, I'm in need of normal colors I can wear around town without sticking out too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    Can you sew some velcro to the outside of the pants, and then get a velcro lined outer belt?
    At that point, I feel like getting belt loops would probably be the easier route.

Quote Originally Posted by spelingmastir View Post
    I like Discreet Carry Concept and Tracker Dan clips for IWB holsters that allow use with or without a belt as they can grab onto cloth. You can probably use one of these options with your current Kydex holster depending on hole spacing.
    The DCC clips are certainly an option I'm considering, the main weakness is that I only have one holster, and I'm not too keen on having to constantly swap back and forth between soft loops and clips, and I'm not sure I can get a new holster (it was a one-off from JMCK, not sure if Tony still does custom work).

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    Seriously, how about a Hill People Runner's/Gear bag for when you are out walking?
    Well, I'm looking for a way to carry around town while wearing the pants, not for backcountry carry. Beyond that, I've tried the HPG chest bags and they're not for me; too wide, not enough support, and gets too hot. Which is a shame, because it's some nice kit, and I've seen it work wonderfully for other folks, and would make backcountry carry quite easy.

For now, I'm exploring having belt loops added by Renewt (recommended to me by Arc'teryx, and their quoted price was much cheaper than Rainy Pass, hopefully cross border shipping won't kill the savings), trying out the belt-under-pants technique, borrowing some DCC clips, and trying out anchoring to the integrated web belt to my normal belt using the soft loops on my holster. Just waiting for Arc'teryx to ship my stuff.

Pra a Stretch Zion in camo or sepia are my standard pants. They have a belt and belt loops, allowing me to wear a holster with no extra belt, or use my Velcro inner belt for comp. on sale right now, 30 percent off.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Pra a Stretch Zion in camo or sepia are my standard pants. They have a belt and belt loops, allowing me to wear a holster with no extra belt, or use my Velcro inner belt for comp. on sale right now, 30 percent off.
    Link

https://www.prana.com/men/bottoms/shorts.html
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

It would not support AIWB, but the Milt Sparks kydek clips for the VM-2, Nexus, and Criterion would work. I frequently carry a G26.3 in a Nexus with the clips for NPE.

Another option is to add Velcro to your pants and holster to lock the holster to the pants. I am amazed at how strong a Velcro join can be.

I've been rocking my oxcreek superstiff belt when running sweats(no belt loops). Works inside my sweats or over and supports everything I would normally carry. With a lot of time in comfort clothing the last few months, it's been my go to option if I dont' really want to get dressed for the day.

https://oxcreektactical.com/products...=7398172590110
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Been wearing Kitanica shorts/long pants for matches, classes etc. but w/ the sale pricing time to try some Prana.

User Tag List