Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrying in Pants Without Belt Loops

Carrying in Pants Without Belt Loops

I have been looking at a bunch of Arc'teryx softshell pants, as they have sizing more amenable to me than other brands (I have a 28" waist, and most brands don't go any lower than 30"). The downside is that the Arc'teryx options don't have belt loops, as they all have an integrated web belt. Great for hiking and climbing, not great for CCW when I'm not on the trail. Outside of hitting up Rainy Pass and having them belt loops added after the fact (they quoted me as being 80 USD, ±20 USD), are there any options to have the ability to carry?

Edit: I would like to add that I'm looking for a solution that would not involve a new gun, so yeah, would be my giant open-class P30LS, strongly preferably still keeping everything AIWB. I am trying to replicate my belted set-up on pants without belt loops.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 09-01-2020 at 02:20 PM.

In case it helps, I carry my LCR in a Dark Star Gear Hitchhiker in gym shorts. The holster has a metal clip that stays pretty secure for normal exercising. If you wanted something with a bit more capacity, a Sig P365 or Glock 26 might be an option.

DCC mono block clips (is that their correct name) work pretty well for this.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I pocket carry either a PM9 or P365 in anything with a reasonably sized pocket...

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    are there any options to have the ability to carry?

Edit: I would like to add that I'm looking for a solution that would not involve a new gun, so yeah, would be my giant open-class P30LS, strongly preferably still keeping everything AIWB. I am trying to replicate my belted set-up on pants without belt loops.
    Just wear your belt and holster like you usually do, except put them directly on your skin or undershirt, then put pants on over. This works insanely well for bigger guns and floppy belt line pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Just wear your belt and holster like you usually do, except put them directly on your skin or undershirt, then put pants on over. This works insanely well for bigger guns and floppy belt line pants.
    Another friend of mine also recommended that, said he did that for when he had to carry with a tucked-in shirt. I'm hoping for something that can keep the belt on the outside, so I can still keep the rest of my utility belt going (Clinch Pick, phone holster, TQ, and multitool) and I think it might be doable since there's still the exposed front of the web belt I can hook my soft loops into to cinch it to outer belt to keep the carry belt from moving. That being said, if that doesn't work, I'll probably grab a Mastermind Tactic belt or some other lower profile belt and try the "belt-inside-the-pants" thing just to be able to carry AIWB as a stop gap while I slowly add belt loops.

I have been looking at a bunch of Arc'teryx softshell pants, as they have sizing more amenable to me than other brands (I have a 28" waist, and most brands don't go any lower than 30"). The downside is that the Arc'teryx options don't have belt loops, as they all have an integrated web belt. Great for hiking and climbing, not great for CCW when I'm not on the trail.

I'm hoping for something that can keep the belt on the outside, so I can still keep the rest of my utility belt going (Clinch Pick, phone holster, TQ, and multitool)
    You don't want to switch gun/gear.
    You want a belt on the outside of the pants.
    You like Arc'teryx pants, which can't handle the above.

This reminds me of "good, fast, cheap: pick two". Buy Arc'teryx pants with belt loops (you made me look), or don't buy Arc'teryx pants.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter

Carrying in Pants Without Belt Loops

A belly band of some type, worn IWB, might work. I think Rob Pincus’ company (I.C.E.?) has/had one to which kydex shells could be attached.

You could also try a Unity Tactical Clutch, which works well for me for OWB carry with pants or shorts having no belt loops. You can use a kydex holster, placed inside one of the Clutch’s pockets and affixed therein with hook-and-loop.

You could sew belt loops on yourself. Especially if the belt will be concealed anyway, and robustness is more important than looks, it’s a pretty straightforward job, especially if you can use belt loops from an old/worn out pair of pants.

Prana is an outdoor/climbing-oriented clothing company which offers small waist sizes, and I’ve been generally pleased with their pants (4 different models). Their Brion pants are like a thin softshell.

I pretty much live in soft shell pants from the fall through the winter, and most of spring due to my work location.
    There are companies that offer excellent soft shell pants with real belt loops and available in smalll waist sizes.
    I have had luck with Patagonia and Wild Things Gear for years now, as the stretchy material allows them to take abuse.
    Its nice to be able to use different belts based on the thickness of long underwear, while still carrying appendix. The climbing/mountaineering companies seem to limit the bulk of their belt loops anyway.
    It doesn’t have to be fun to be fun ― Mark Twight

Can you sew some velcro to the outside of the pants, and then get a velcro lined outer belt?

User Tag List