Thread: 2011 blue gun

2011 blue gun

I’m looking for a reasonable facsimile of an STI edge that can fit in a RHT holster. I’m not opposed to “Dremeling” something to make it work. I’m using this as a prop for my son to run some dry drills in the yard. Don’t want to freak out the neighbors. Primarily interested in something with a similar grip, weight isn’t important

My search has turned up squat so far.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I appreciate it but I don’t think a 1911 grip and dust cover will work for me. I said “blue gun” but really any inexpensive inert gun or cheap air soft would work.

Is this close enough? I believe this model takes a double-stack magazine. https://www.holstersmith.com/vcom/co...ed-p-8092.html

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Is this close enough? I believe this model takes a double-stack magazine. https://www.holstersmith.com/vcom/co...ed-p-8092.html
    That has potential. I might need to round off the light rail since my sons STI doesn’t have a pic rail. $50 is a little spendy but I’m putting this on the maybe list. Thanks!

ETA. I followed the link to Cooks Gun Molds and they have a unprepped Staccato mold that looks good also.
    Last edited by Quantrill; 09-01-2020 at 03:04 PM.

I would consider the gun mold that was posted and carefully using a Dremel to get it right. Fifty bucks might seem steep, but it's not that far from most red or blue trainers. Otherwise, you may find that a 1911 with a rail has close enough dimensions to work with a 2011 holster. You may also find that there is an airsoft gun that does it.

I ordered the Staccato P mold. Thanks for the suggestions

User Tag List