Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone her daily carry a Glock 30?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    What I want from Glock is a TRUE G19-sized .45. There's no reason to use the needlessly truncated grip frame of the 30/30S then mate it to an extended magazine that gives you the rest of the missing grip. And the Gen4/5 grip texture and no fingergrooves. That would be a great 50-state solution "outdoors" pistol...
    That would be a solid gun. I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who carried a G30 with the flush fitting 9-round magazine. Everyone always used them with the pinky extension 10-round magazine. It never really made sense to me that the gun was designed as a “sub-compact.”
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I recall @Mas being a very big fan of his. I always thought they were neat but don’t have the hand size for it.
    Indeed and he calls it out as his all time favorite Glock in this fun vid.

“Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Since I know Glock reads my posts, and values my input.

Make one with a useable, quality, 1911 like manual safety.

Since this resurrected thread is still going on, FWIW, I carried an original (gen 3) G30 daily for some five years, IWB, and found it to be the single most accurate and precise Glock in any of the models and calibers (9mm, .40, .45 Auto) of the twelve Glocks I've owned to date, including three gen 5 G26s.

Never a misfeed, misfire or other bobble, either.
    (Took training courses with it and shot it weekly at the range back then, so it had a fair chance to fail if it was going to.)

Soft-shooting, too, seemingly less so even than my G21 if that's possible, and definitely less than any of my .45 Auto 1911s.

I no longer use it for daily CCW just because of the weight, as I've gotten older.

(And I still like the .45 Auto cartridge more than the 9mm for terminal ballistics, too! )
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Back when ammo was plentiful I did the 2000 round challenge with my 30SF. I also have a full Agency build as well. It passed without a hitch. Like others have said it is very accurate and soft to shoot. I did undercut the trigger guard a bit and don't pinch my pinky. I don't daily carry mine, but have carried it for a week or so at time. I am 6'2" 235 and don't have a problem concealing it. I also carried in the uber simple Glock Sport/Combat holster behind the hip. It is one of my favorites and I won't part with mine.

User Tag List