Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense reviving the Hudson H9?

Site Supporter

Daniel Defense reviving the Hudson H9?

I don’t have any info, other than this screenshot of a survey posted to a Facebook group:

Name:  7CDFD25E-15AE-4EEE-98C7-D28CB5278DF8.jpeg
Views: 3994
Size:  53.5 KB

This could be interesting. Daniel Defense has a lot more money, engineering, and manufacturing experience. They could theoretically make the H9 work like it was supposed to.

I would welcome DD taking on the H9-design and bringing it to the market with actual support and backing. They'll be under no obligation, but I wonder if they'll actually honor, to some degree, warranty work on Hudson-era guns?

If DD can get some of the design kinks worked out, namely - issues with parts tolerances being off, accuracy woes - deliver a thumb-safety equipped model in a timely fashion - and completely and utterly erase and stomp out Cy Hudson and his wife from anything to do with this - they could do well. I hope they bought the rights lock and stock and didn't license them. And I hope whatever money DD paid to Hudson for the rights goes straight to their creditors.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    This could be interesting. Daniel Defense has a lot more money, engineering, and manufacturing experience. They could theoretically make the H9 work like it was supposed to.

I would welcome DD taking on the H9-design and bringing it to the market with actual support and backing. They'll be under no obligation, but I wonder if they'll actually honor, to some degree, warranty work on Hudson-era guns?

If DD can get some of the design kinks worked out, namely - issues with parts tolerances being off, accuracy woes - deliver a thumb-safety equipped model in a timely fashion - and completely and utterly erase and stomp out Cy Hudson and his wife from anything to do with this - they could do well. I hope they bought the rights lock and stock and didn't license them. And I hope whatever money DD paid to Hudson for the rights goes straight to their creditors.
    The primary accuracy issues were reported to be the bore diameter being too large (.358 bore diameter vs .356)

DD makes their own barrels so ..

If they are going to do it, they need a an optics ready version.

It looks basically the same, but there are some apparent differences. I saw somewhere that one model is an aluminum frame and the other is polymer. I think the H9 was a steel frame.

Name:  95e8a13fe95b8848d1627112551cd7e5.jpg
Views: 6325
Size:  21.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
    It looks basically the same, but there are some apparent differences. I saw somewhere that one model is an aluminum frame and the other is polymer. I think the H9 was a steel frame.

Name:  95e8a13fe95b8848d1627112551cd7e5.jpg
Views: 6325
Size:  21.8 KB
    One of the biggest differences is the height of the dust cover. Which on the original H9 housed their goofy recoil spring setup. The DD show in the pictures (which could be a render) has a more traditional 1913-rail and a much shorter dust cover, suggesting that maybe they have eliminated the proprietary Hudson recoil spring setup and maybe more to a proper guide-rod type setup.

Same research study also had pics of full size variants. Correct on AL & polymer frame versions.

One of my buddies has an H9, kicks even less than a steel 9mm 1911. If DD's gun feels as nice to shoot I'd get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

For anyone not up to speed on the goings on, as I wasn't.....

https://www.recoilweb.com/hudson-man...ts-149415.html
    Taking a break from social media.

Potentially very cool! Aluminun and plastic as the two options sounds like the way to go to me.

Interesting. I'd definitly be more interested in this if it were a big, stable, known quantity manufacturer like DD.

User Tag List