Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inexpensive RDS for Ruger mkiii

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I put a Burris Fastfire 3 in a dovetail mount on my CTM, it’s working well.

Attachment 60352
    Burris or Venom would be my choice. If you want to leave your iron sights on the gun just attach a rail and mount the RDS on that. That's what I did am totally satisfied with the results. Down the road you pull the dot off and sell the pistol to some Boomer like me who used to use irons when he was 15. Then he finds out he can't see well enough to shoot it and mounts a RDS on it.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Burris or Venom would be my choice. If you want to leave your iron sights on the gun just attach a rail and mount the RDS on that. That's what I did am totally satisfied with the results. Down the road you pull the dot off and sell the pistol to some Boomer like me who used to use irons when he was 15. Then he finds out he can't see well enough to shoot it and mounts a RDS on it.
    Unfortunately, while they corrected the error in the mkiv and started including sights, the mkiii tactical came without any.

We might not even be having this conversation if what I owned was the mkiv...

(Not my pic, but same configuration I own)
    Name:  016AE04D-A6BA-46DF-BA70-BB64BE7706E9.jpeg
Views: 217
Size:  60.8 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Unfortunately, while they corrected the error in the mkiv and started including sights, the mkiii tactical came without any.

We might not even be having this conversation if what I owned was the mkiv...

(Not my pic, but same configuration I own)
    Name:  016AE04D-A6BA-46DF-BA70-BB64BE7706E9.jpeg
Views: 217
Size:  60.8 KB
    I didn’t realize they did a version without sights at all. Is it dovetailed?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I didn’t realize they did a version without sights at all. Is it dovetailed?
    nope, nothing. top and bottom rail. At the time if you wanted a bottom rail it was either this model or go get it drilled & tapped.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

In that case, if it were mine I’d pop a FastFire 3 on the top rail and drive on.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Anybody care to debate the merits of various MOA.

I tend to prefer larger, but I do OK with smaller too - I can always turn up the brightness and bloom it out when needed. That said I’ve always used my Surefire 3 on auto.
    Ken

User Tag List