Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Lipseys Glock P80

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    The Gen 1s are pretty cool.

This one lived its life in a saddle bag on a ranch in northern Nevada before I rescued it. It literally as far as I know had never been field stripped to be cleaned.

That said I really like the Gen2s. Adding the checkering to the grip made a good bit of difference. In fact I carry my 17.2 daily with an optic.

Sidebar:

I have been using it to test some warm hard cast 147 flat point I have been working with.

There was a guide in AK who put down a grizzly with the same bullet (Rim Rock 147 outdoorsman). The price was a bit much so I decided to roll my own, and after a series of trips back and forth from the range finally arrived at the desired velocity.

The Gs 17.2, 19.3, 34.3 and CZ-75 chew through them like a fat kid eating cake!

I found some auto glass and they punch through that and the pallet behind it too.

Should be good stuff for dealing with rioting bears in Portland.

Hey Bud,

Would you mind sharing your load data? I have exactly that same project coming up on my list of things to do.

I'm a big boy, so if I blow my fingers off it's my fault.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    ....That said I really like the Gen2s. Adding the checkering to the grip made a good bit of difference. In fact I carry my 17.2 daily with an optic.....
    Do my eyes deceive me, or is that a Brownells G3 RMR ready slide on a G2 frame? I remember researching that and finding a lot of folks saying a G3 slide on G2 frame doesn't work.
    If that's false after all, I know what's happening with my G19.2 in short order!

Hammertime
    Well, had a chance to buy one today. Passed on it. Gen 5 is the hotness and I can’t find a reason to pay more and go backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Well, had a chance to buy one today. Passed on it. Gen 5 is the hotness and I can’t find a reason to pay more and go backwards.
    Maybe they need to package it with some Silvertips and a Chia Pet.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Doc--

Was there a particular reason, or two, that you passed on it? How did fit and finish look on it? Was the quality there? Or did it just simply not appeal to you?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Doc--

Was there a particular reason, or two, that you passed on it? How did fit and finish look on it? Was the quality there? Or did it just simply not appeal to you?
    I didn’t actually handle it. Just got first dibs at the LGS by email and passed. I realized I am more of a gun abuser than gun collector, and this doesn’t really have a role for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I should have my first one in hand this afternoon.

TXPO
    That's what she said!

🤣😂
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 09-04-2020 at 07:42 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Do my eyes deceive me, or is that a Brownells G3 RMR ready slide on a G2 frame? I remember researching that and finding a lot of folks saying a G3 slide on G2 frame doesn't work.
    If that's false after all, I know what's happening with my G19.2 in short order!

That's exactly what it is.

G2 with a Brownells slide and RMR. Perfect for older eyes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Maybe they need to package it with some Silvertips and a Chia Pet.
    How about some 9mm Nyclad, acid wash denim for you and leg warmers for the Mrs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Hey Bud,

Would you mind sharing your load data? I have exactly that same project coming up on my list of things to do.

I'm a big boy, so if I blow my fingers off it's my fault.
    Message inbound.

User Tag List