Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lipseys Glock P80

As someone who has a lot of custom 1911-pattern pistols and a Colt WWI 1911 (not 1911A1) reproduction, this Glock P80 appeals to me. The logical part of me knows I can find a G17.3 in great condition for less, but function is not what that pistol addresses. It takes me back to the middle-1980s when this weirdly-named polymer-framed indestructible pistol was introduced. Something that hits the nostalgia button is worth a small premium.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    As someone who has a lot of custom 1911-pattern pistols and a Colt WWI 1911 (not 1911A1) reproduction, this Glock P80 appeals to me. The logical part of me knows I can find a G17.3 in great condition for less, but function is not what that pistol addresses. It takes me back to the middle-1980s when this weirdly-named polymer-framed indestructible pistol was introduced. Something that hits the nostalgia button is worth a small premium.
    Yep. Same reason some of us go for an MP5 (or clone) vs something newer and/or more economical like the MPX and Scorpion.

I am not a Glock shooter at all and would have no practical use for this in CT.........

But god damn do I want it.

I should have my first one in hand this afternoon.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I should have my first one in hand this afternoon.

TXPO
    Let us know what you think. They are arriving at my local dealer next week and am tempted to grab one.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    This might be useful for more than nostalgia. The original gen1 pebble grip is a cleaner canvas for those who will stipple or texture their guns, no finger grooves to remove or checkering to work with or around. Some actively seek out the old frames for this purpose.
    I attended a Larry Vickers course at Blackwater nearly ten years ago, and he was carrying a customized GEN1 Glock 17. He lent it to my buddy for a few hours in the afternoon, and I snapped a few pics. I remember it had a great stipple job and terrific trigger.
    Name:  IMG_3108.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  101.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_0790.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  72.3 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    I'll probably buy one. I have Gen 2-5 pistols. I know this is really a Gen 2.5 in Gen1 clothing, but I'm not going to let the details ruin it for me. I'll also keep an eye on Gunbroker to see if the prices on the real Gen1 pistols' prices drop back to where they were a decade or so ago.

The Gen 1s are pretty cool.

This one lived its life in a saddle bag on a ranch in northern Nevada before I rescued it. It literally as far as I know had never been field stripped to be cleaned.

That said I really like the Gen2s. Adding the checkering to the grip made a good bit of difference. In fact I carry my 17.2 daily with an optic.

Sidebar:

I have been using it to test some warm hard cast 147 flat point I have been working with.

There was a guide in AK who put down a grizzly with the same bullet (Rim Rock 147 outdoorsman). The price was a bit much so I decided to roll my own, and after a series of trips back and forth from the range finally arrived at the desired velocity.

The Gs 17.2, 19.3, 34.3 and CZ-75 chew through them like a fat kid eating cake!

I found some auto glass and they punch through that and the pallet behind it too.

Should be good stuff for dealing with rioting bears in Portland.

Just put one on layaway at Buds
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    No light rail....kind of like a big G26.

There are reasons why folks cut down G19's to G26 size....

There is a word for those people. 😁 In an industry incessant about utility we have plenty of room for a little vanity.

User Tag List