Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lipseys Glock P80

This is blatantly false advertising. Everyone knows that the first Glock was the Glock 7, a porcelain gun made in Germany. It doesn't show up on airport X-ray machines and it costs more than what you make in a month.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    This is blatantly false advertising. Everyone knows that the first Glock was the Glock 7, a porcelain gun made in Germany. It doesn't show up on airport X-ray machines and it costs more than what you make in a month.
    You'd be surprised what I make in a month...
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

This is...kinda neat. Hey, if a reproduction of a WW1 Colt can reach near veneration status, and at least 3 production runs, and if there's a cottage industry in reproducing the 1960s AR15, and a Turkish company making Hi Power clones, why not a Gen 1 Glock Repro made by Glock?

It really reminds me of the Colt Series 70 Reproductions, which was a very savvy combination of reporduction and modern practical adds (dimpled barrel, titanium firing pin, upgraded {i.e., visible to mortal man} sights, deletion of the collet bushing, accurization via CNC production).

What, so it doesn't have the pre-6 component upgrade in black, and can't accidentaly go full auto-and the fanbois are up in arms about that?? Jeez.

I certainly don't need one (my current Gen 3 G17 is, and has been, and shows every sign of merrily continuing to perk along), but getting one of these "Upgraded Homage P80s" is immensely tempting.

My Glock desire short list now includes a G45, this "P80" G17, and a Gen5 G22 (which'll be even more tempting if it comes in a MOS version...) Sigh.

I can't wait to see Tam write a review. Seriously. A hipster Glock G17-who'd a' thunk it?

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    But not the original suicide box.
    AKA the Darwin Box. AKA the Natural Selection box. Lol!

AKA self-draining, atmospherically pressure equalizing box...

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    You'd be surprised what I make in a month...
    You'd be appalled at what I make a month.

Sort of just want the Tupperware boxes. I kind of miss those.

Regards.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    You'd be appalled at what I make a month.

Sort of just want the Tupperware boxes. I kind of miss those.

Regards.
    ebay

https://www.ebay.com/b/GLOCK-Gun-Ori...938/bn_5794724

On the TFB video the Lipsey rep said the cost would be $30-50 bucks more than a regular Glock 17.

I want one.

We have an original Gen1 in the safe at work. To me it is the most ergonomically perfect Glock. Some bitch about them being slippery, but I've never found it so...even while sweating quite a bit.

Hopefully they make enough of these to satisfy demand.

Hammertime
    My LGS was able to score one but I think it is the ten round version...Hmmm decisions to be made. MSRP $689.

User Tag List