Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Lipseys Glock P80

this dude floats around at my work.

It had original parts and it was somewhat of a loaner issue till we all transitioned to 9mm. So it changed hands a couple of times and no one liked that it did not have a rail.

When I inspected it (about a year later)..... someone gutted the original trigger bar and replaced it with junky Gen4 trigger bar.

I put a Gen3 trigger bar back in it but a little miffed someone would do that. bastards

not the best pic

A retired officer has a Gen 1 G17 with the black parts and the trigger press is absolutely horrible. He likes it though.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    I would like one of the pistols. I really would. However, this video is making me rethink the issue. I lost count of how many empty brass hit LAV's right arm. A couple ejected straight back and fell between his outstretched arms. One brass (at 4:13) landed on the bill of cap. I already have a Gen2 G17 (my first Glock, which I bought new) with erratic ejection that I rarely shoot now. The P80 really appeals to the "collect them all" mentality I have regarding G17s, but I just want it to function as well as later pistol. If this gun would eject like a Gen5, it'd be a non-decision for me. I hope they make enough of these that Apex will manufacture an extractor for them.

Ejection Problems?

I bought my first Glock at Southwest Shooters in OKC in 1989($289.99) and proceeded to shoot up 26 cases of surplus UZI +P+ ball through it that I had picked up super cheap because everyone thought it would blow up a standard handgun.

Ejection was never a problem..

I traded it off when the first Glocks with light rails came out(mistake) but I don't know if I miss it enough to spend Gen 5 Glock 34 type money on a modern remake.

Wow, I've been using Glocks long enough for a historical remake of the my first Glock!
    I feel old as sand now.

I just picked up one today from their second production run. I think this may become my favorite pistol. For those of you worrying about ejection issues and brass hitting your forearm, face, or head, I have always replaced the ejector on my Gen 3s with a Gen 4 ejector. Haven't had any issues after that. I'll try this one stock and see how it does. On some of mine, I've swapped the ejector out even before testing. I would prefer this one to remain stock if it functions ok. The trigger seems exceptional. Better than all of my Glocks except my Gen 3 20s. Those are very nice triggers, but this one is a close second without even wearing in. My wife and I are going to try it tomorrow and compare it to one of our Gen 3 19s and Gen 3 20s.

My wife and I tried it this morning. I really like it. The trigger is not as nice and light as the ones on our Gen 3 20s, but still quite nice. The only thing that I'll do to the trigger is file the little safety tab so it matches the curvature of the trigger. It was very easy to be accurate with it. We started at 15 yards and it is pretty easy to keep all hits touching slow fire. We moved back to 25 yards and almost the same. With a little work, I may be able to keep all hits touching slow fire. We finished at 40 yards and still easy to be pretty accurate. This will be primarily my main range toy, with some carry use mostly on range days and daytime only as I will be keeping the white outline sights or putting some steel Glock white outline sights on it.

Forgot to mention the ejection pattern. Some of the brass came back directly at us or on top of my head. The vast majority was to the right at about 4 to 5 O'Clock. That was with my somewhat light hand loads, a 147 gr coated cast bullet with 3.5 gr of Alliant Sport Pistol. They are around 950 fps out of a Glock 19. I tried 5 rounds of 115 gr Gold Dot and the ejection was all to my right at 3 to 4 O'Clock, nothing coming back on me. We had no issues with it, so I will not be changing the ejector to a Gen 4 type. If I run into reliability issues later I will, but so far it is running good.

I can put up with some things but after the Gen4 19s I had, if one solitary case ejects and touches any part of my body, I will sell every Glock pistol I own and go unarmed for the rest of my life before I ever had another one.

I had PTSD inducing levels of Hell with those things.

Site Supporter
    I still think that if Glock was not going to keep the 90 degree slide cut in these pistols, then they should have used Gen5 bits to make them eject correctly.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fröman View Post
    I bought my first Glock at Southwest Shooters in OKC in 1989($289.99) and proceeded to shoot up 26 cases of surplus UZI +P+ ball through it that I had picked up super cheap because everyone thought it would blow up a standard handgun.

Ejection was never a problem..

I traded it off when the first Glocks with light rails came out(mistake) but I don't know if I miss it enough to spend Gen 5 Glock 34 type money on a modern remake.

Wow, I've been using Glocks long enough for a historical remake of the my first Glock!
    I feel old as sand now.
    Oh the old UZI ammo. We never got a hold of the brown/reddish tip HV ammo but we did have a bit of the Carbine black tip. The general consensus was that Glock's were the only handgun strong enough, or perhaps cheap enough to damage, for that stuff. We thought we were pretty tricky keeping a spare magazine of "Black Tip" ammo for shooting through barricades or car doors. I do remember having several magazines of the Black Tip loaded up during the 1992 riots. I was going to school at USC at the time and my Cor-bon and Black Tips made me feel safe. Now I am feeling old as well.....

User Tag List