Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lipseys Glock P80

Always wanted one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a bit like a 1964 Mustang that's been rebuilt with some modern replacement components...(or a Camry....)

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Sorry if my tone missed, I was making a funny and forgot the smiley.
    Oh no worries dude. I think I came off sounding a little tone-ier than I meant.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

How convenient, my favorite local FFL is a Lipsey’s dealer...ordering one
    Shoot more, post less...

After watching a couple live five videos, there was classic weak ejection patterns. Hard pass for me knowing a Gen5 FS Glock will throw brass like an H&K G3 110% of the time.

This might be useful for more than nostalgia. The original gen1 pebble grip is a cleaner canvas for those who will stipple or texture their guns, no finger grooves to remove or checkering to work with or around. Some actively seek out the old frames for this purpose.

After frame externals, it sounds like the internals incorporate reinforcements seen later. Non-LCI extractor, and looks like the current 15 degree radius to the ejection port. Should be a standard gen2-4 barrel, but it'd be neat if they used the GMB.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Vending Machine Operator
    Glock has really great business sense sometimes. You know you've succeeded when you can release a limited-edition version of your first product that strips out most the design progress and updates, charge $30-50 MORE than your current flagship pistol, and be positively certain that it will sell out overnight.

That is the logic side of my brain.

The cool side of my brain wants one bad.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

No light rail....kind of like a big G26.

There are reasons why folks cut down G19's to G26 size....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    Guys, this is a collectors gun. If you’re the type that got excited over Brownells making replica 601s, then this might be for you. If you debate the virtues of Gen5 vs HK Vp9, this probably isn’t for you...

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Guys, this is a collectors gun. If you’re the type that got excited over Brownells making replica 601s, then this might be for you. If you debate the virtues of Gen5 vs HK Vp9, this probably isn’t for you...

This
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

User Tag List