Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon RMRcc

I'm a bit torn about this. On one hand it will likely be the most reugged option out there for a slim pistol which puts it head and shoulders above everything else out there.

I also see a bunch of people online getting annoyed at the 3 MOA adjustments but unlike the RMR this is not intended for a rifle; it's meant for a pistol 3 MOA is 3/4 of an inch at 25 yards and it will be even less further in so I personally don't think that's a big deal.

However the bottom load battery and the UI is really the thing about the RMR I don't like all that much. Holosun has spoiled me with that shake-awake feature; I leave all those dots on all the time and whenever I pick them up they are on. They have that thing where you hold the buttons for 3 seconds and it stays on for 14 hours which is good but it's a thing you have to remember to do every time you put the gun on where with the Holosun I don't have to remember to do anything it's just on.

However much like GJM already noted I find the auto adjustment on Holosun is always a little dimmer than I'd like it to be where the auto adjust on the RMR is almost always a little brither than I'd like which at least for self defense is prefered; it's harder for me to be as precise with a blooming dot but for defense I don't need to shoot out the eye of a gnat at 25 yards I need to be able to get hits on a torso at 15.

I do think the battery on the bottom is a bad design at this point but if I can get a solid year out of a battery I don't know that I can complain that much that I have to once a year rezero.

Im shocked they didnt work with glock for the 48/43x mos cut. That really sucks. I hope there is some really slick and thin adapter but im doubting it because of the recoil bosses that protrude the mos cut. Hopefully the mos can be milled aftermarket to work with the RMRcc.

Quote Originally Posted by P226SAOFan View Post
    Im shocked they didnt work with glock for the 48/43x mos cut. That really sucks. I hope there is some really slick and thin adapter but im doubting it because of the recoil bosses that protrude the mos cut. Hopefully the mos can be milled aftermarket to work with the RMRcc.
    The big hurdle is that the RMRcc is .19 of an inch longer front to back than the RMSc so the RMRcc won’t fit into the overall cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    If the dot is still visible, and remains zeroed, then it's a pass in my book.
    I agree. It's a tiny crack and I don't notice it when presenting the gun. Zero was maintained and I still see a floating dot on target anywhere in the window. I'm confident carrying it on 2 fronts:
    1. It was still functional after taking the worst possible drop.
    2. Holosun is giving me no grief at all on warranty and sent a tracking number for the new optic at the same time as a prepaid label to send this one in. Customer service was excellent on the phone, and the RMA request had a 1 day turnaround. So, I feel like the company has my back.

If any degree of cracked glass is unacceptable from a fall to the user, I agree that the Trijicon RMR is the only logical choice. For me, I like this optic enough that I will buy a backup in case this happens again and I don't feel like I'll have an unusable optic if it takes another harsh impact. In fact, my accident was so similar to Aaron Cowan's infamous drop test in both execution and result it's pretty comical.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    The big hurdle is that the RMRcc is .19 of an inch longer front to back than the RMSc so the RMRcc won’t fit into the overall cut.
    So the RMRcc won’t fit in the G48MOS at all? Or am I reading this wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    I agree. It's a tiny crack and I don't notice it when presenting the gun. Zero was maintained and I still see a floating dot on target anywhere in the window. I'm confident carrying it on 2 fronts:
    1. It was still functional after taking the worst possible drop.
    2. Holosun is giving me no grief at all on warranty and sent a tracking number for the new optic at the same time as a prepaid label to send this one in. Customer service was excellent on the phone, and the RMA request had a 1 day turnaround. So, I feel like the company has my back.

If any degree of cracked glass is unacceptable from a fall to the user, I agree that the Trijicon RMR is the only logical choice. For me, I like this optic enough that I will buy a backup in case this happens again and I don't feel like I'll have an unusable optic if it takes another harsh impact. In fact, my accident was so similar to Aaron Cowan's infamous drop test in both execution and result it's pretty comical.
    If it cracked in a fight and you were still able to acquire the dot then I agree, but what do you plan to do while you wait for the replacement? I wouldn’t trust a broken piece of glass not to send something my way in recoil on the range.

If they’re giving you a warranty replacement for a drop, then that is certainly a very high level of CS on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    If it cracked in a fight and you were still able to acquire the dot then I agree, but what do you plan to do while you wait for the replacement?
    Welcome to the Dot Life.

Always have a spare dot on hand.

Better yet, have a spare gun with a dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    Welcome to the Dot Life.

Always have a spare dot on hand.

Better yet, have a spare gun with a dot.
    Or... six?

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    If it cracked in a fight and you were still able to acquire the dot then I agree, but what do you plan to do while you wait for the replacement? I wouldn’t trust a broken piece of glass not to send something my way in recoil on the range.

If they’re giving you a warranty replacement for a drop, then that is certainly a very high level of CS on their part.
    I'll use the backup iron sights, I know where they hit at different distances and the windage is properly zeroed. This is my first go around with the dot on a pistol and that has become clear to me, no matter what dot I go with I need a backup unit. I'll attach a picture of the crack, it's really not so dramatic that the glass is about to fly out of the optic. It's more of a de-lamination I think. If Holosun had told me to piss off I'd still carry it while saving for an RMR.

Name:  118708298_1000946653682100_1381972635038092962_n.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  22.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    I'll use the backup iron sights, I know where they hit at different distances and the windage is properly zeroed. This is my first go around with the dot on a pistol and that has become clear to me, no matter what dot I go with I need a backup unit. I'll attach a picture of the crack, it's really not so dramatic that the glass is about to fly out of the optic. It's more of a de-lamination I think. If Holosun had told me to piss off I'd still carry it while saving for an RMR.

Name:  118708298_1000946653682100_1381972635038092962_n.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  22.8 KB
    I can't even see the crack in that picture.

User Tag List