Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon RMRcc

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As someone who is not a fan of the RMR for just this reason, it is very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Thanks, just bought a 6.5 from Kenzie’s.
    Good supplier, but a bit cheaper at Eurooptic, where I have had six excellent RMR/SRO transactions.

(And also, the biblical reference Trijicon chose for this one is very amusing in context of the product.)

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am excited to see this one.

Proprietary print is fine by me. Not ideal, but may indicate, besides their own logistic issues, a power play based on their rep and market dominance. Make customers commit.

In regards to removable battery, it is nice to have but I don't think the tech is there yet when it comes to low profile optics. Personally I would never use anything that has a sliding tray, what I have seen made me believe it was/is a weak design. Trijicon's top loading execution has received enough criticism, and the only top loading compartment design I like is that of a DPP. Which requires such a tall optic body that finding backup sights is often hard.

Now, does this come with a factory sealing plate, or we need to get a Battlewerx something?
    Power plays are generally best played when one has the power. In this application Trijicon is LATE to the game so they have little power. Had they come out and matched an already existing footprint (no idea what the footprint IP landscape looks like) they would have killed everyone. Not sure how that strategy will play out long term.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am excited to see this one.

Proprietary print is fine by me. Not ideal, but may indicate, besides their own logistic issues, a power play based on their rep and market dominance. Make customers commit.

In regards to removable battery, it is nice to have but I don't think the tech is there yet when it comes to low profile optics. Personally I would never use anything that has a sliding tray, what I have seen made me believe it was/is a weak design. Trijicon's top loading execution has received enough criticism, and the only top loading compartment design I like is that of a DPP. Which requires such a tall optic body that finding backup sights is often hard.

Now, does this come with a factory sealing plate, or we need to get a Battlewerx something?
    Sample size of one, but my Holosun 407C V2 survived an optic first accidental drop on concrete and and the battery compartment did not fail. I don't really see this as a weak point at all. I did suffer a chip in the glass, that's where Trijicon outclasses everyone else with their hood design. What is it about the tray that is a weak design?

"...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    What is it about the tray that is a weak design?
    I've seen trays being so wobbly, there was no battery contact, and I've seen trays fully come out of the body during battery exchange. Vortex and/or SIG, don't remember.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    Sample size of one, but my Holosun 407C V2 survived an optic first accidental drop on concrete and and the battery compartment did not fail. I don't really see this as a weak point at all. I did suffer a chip in the glass, that's where Trijicon outclasses everyone else with their hood design. What is it about the tray that is a weak design?
    Broken glass is not “survived” in my calculus. That’s a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Broken glass is not “survived” in my calculus. That’s a failure.
    If the dot is still visible, and remains zeroed, then it's a pass in my book.

I see people making a big deal out of the smaller window size, however, if you compare “usable” window size, it seems there is no apparent loss in the vertical, just the width. As has been pointed out before, and as is illustrated in the comparison pics, yes, the RMR has a bigger window, but in use, the elevated rear shelf that houses the emitter is taller than the bottom of the window and occludes the bottom of the window. A quick measurement of the comparison photos with my calipers shows the useable vertical portion of the window seems to be identical between the two.

An added bonus is the width of the RMRcc should allow for a really nice deep milled direct mount on a 1911/2011 slide, with no need for an adapter plate to widen the footprint as is needed for the RMR.

I love my SRO’s, but I will give this serious consideration for direct mounting on my 2011.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List