Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon RMRcc

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    Super disappointing, Trijicon is so out of touch.
    I tend to disagree. They have a wide range of mounts for direct mounting to popular small pistols, and they kept the durability and battery life of the RMR. It seems to me this is exactly what serious users have been waiting for. A huge improvement over the plastic and delicate extruded aluminum choices currently out there. They did not add gimmicky features like solar panels or a rifle reticle. I would be far more confident with this over a Romeo Zero or other delicate plastic sight.

I’ve personally relegated my subcompacts to back up use only, but if I wanted a dot for my 365’s, (currently laser equipped) this would be my choice after appropriate field reports come in. I would want to be sure the automatic adjustment is correctly dialed in (RMR rather than SRO behavior).

What I found interesting is the fact that the product is illustrated in their official literature with a Maxell battery, which seems to indicate that perhaps they have moved away from the Energizers they normally include with the RMR and SRO.

The only negative is the smaller window, which is a relative non issue for the well trained.

Other than it being a Trijicon and not saying Holosun on the side, I'm not seeing anything that makes it a compelling argument over a 507 or 407k?

I am excited to see this one.

Proprietary print is fine by me. Not ideal, but may indicate, besides their own logistic issues, a power play based on their rep and market dominance. Make customers commit.

In regards to removable battery, it is nice to have but I don't think the tech is there yet when it comes to low profile optics. Personally I would never use anything that has a sliding tray, what I have seen made me believe it was/is a weak design. Trijicon's top loading execution has received enough criticism, and the only top loading compartment design I like is that of a DPP. Which requires such a tall optic body that finding backup sights is often hard.

Now, does this come with a factory sealing plate, or we need to get a Battlewerx something?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

The optic is available now from a couple of the usual suppliers, street price is $499

Yawn. You lost me at proprietary footprint. And the price.

I really dislike proprietary mounting footprints. It's the biggest thing holding me back from jumping in. It's a burden to the consumer to have to buy plates that increase the height (making it less concealable) and then buy taller iron sights due to a optic company pissing match. Come together and pick one so we can all direct mount without milling. If you are delivering to your target market what they want, it shouldn't make a difference.

On lens:

Name:  DC67B7CC-8465-4E36-8048-2BC321AFFD9C.jpg
Views: 1169
Size:  44.1 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

This helps underscore GJM’s point as well:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Almost like they’re pushing towards CC guns that are optical only, no irons. A front blade with this will look like a spinnaker.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    The optic is available now from a couple of the usual suppliers, street price is $499
    Thanks, just bought a 6.5 from Kenzie’s.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List