Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon RMRcc

What height sights will provide a lower 1/3?

I'm using GL-429s on my g45 and I want to achieve that sight picture with my 43X MOS.

There was some question if the PMM IRDS as sold by CHPWS fits the RMRcc. I’m happy to report it does, giving us another rear sight option. I’m still trying to go sans irons, but it’s nice to know that if I decide I want them I don’t have to have my pistols remilled and refinished.

Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I have an RMRcc on order with expected delivery the middle of next week.

When it arrives, it is being shipped to Primary Machine for a direct mount optic cut and installation on my CZ P10S pistol.

BUIS will be installed on the front and in the existing dovetail cut on the rear to provide a lower 1/3 co-witness.

Planning to see if I like and can shoot as it well as my CGW CZ RAMI with the Holosun 507K.

Question for those of you that are carrying a RMRcc - what is your dot brightness strategy? My 43 and 26 are the first RDS equipped pistols I am carrying on a daily basis, and I’m noticing the dot takes a few seconds to come up to a useable brightness after being under a cover garment. Do you just ride with it on automatic, or set the brightness manually in the morning letting it revert to auto at the end of the day?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Question for those of you that are carrying a RMRcc - what is your dot brightness strategy? My 43 and 26 are the first RDS equipped pistols I am carrying on a daily basis, and I’m noticing the dot takes a few seconds to come up to a useable brightness after being under a cover garment. Do you just ride with it on automatic, or set the brightness manually in the morning letting it revert to auto at the end of the day?

Ken:

On my 43 (407K) and RAMI (507̊ X2), I have chosen the second option you mentioned. I reached this conclusion after a significant bit of time experimenting with both pistols and optic in varying light both indoors and outdoors and at different times of the day.

As you mentioned, I found that the interval between moving into different light and the optic adjusting intensity felt way too long for me to be comfortable.

I also played around with an RMR 06 that didn't belong to me, and had similar issues.

Will see if I feel differently about my RMRcc as soon as I get it and my CZ P10S back from CZ Custom.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I don't particularly love the auto sensor on the RMRcc. In addition to the lag, it does not seem to sense artifical light nearly as well as the regular RMR units. when I am carrying my 2 guns with RMRccs I usually will set the brightness to a level that will not wash out in the bright Colorado sunlight. I am carrying my doublestack guns lately so I couldn't tell you what that setting is, but I think about 2-3 settings off the highest intensity. When I put the gun in the safe I put it back on auto to save battery.

I do not have this issue with the RM06s that I run, I leave those in auto mode 24/7.

EuroOptic has the 6.5 MOA RMRcc on sale for $409.
    Ken

I think it is just a matter of time before we see Trijicon closed emitter type pistol sights in different sizes. Hopefully they introduce them by late summer or early fall and not until SHOT 2023.

Site Supporter
    Sad to report that playing with my new RMRcc just around the house today I've come to the same conclusion as everyone else in this thread - the auto adjustment is useless. How did they get it so wrong in this sight when it works fine in the full size RMR?

I’m ok with how my 6.5 MOA pair work. What dot size is yours?
    Ken

User Tag List