Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon RMRcc

Keep us posted, HD. Like the idea of one on my G26 too.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Good point. I’m a little surprised that more people haven’t tried the narrower RMRcc on the 26, it’s almost exactly the same width as the slide from what I can tell and also has a more favorable window design. It took handling a RMRcc against a RMR at the store for the impact of that window design difference to sink in.

It looks like not many millers are doing the RMRcc on a doublestack Glock. I see Jagerworks and Maple Leaf are doing it, I’ll reach out to Battlewerx to see if it’s on the agenda since I’d like them to do some other work for me.
    The brightness auto-adjust on the RMRcc doesnt seem to be as good/responsive as the one on my RM06, but it does have more settings options (eg lockout mode). Aaron Cowan speculated that it uses the same electronics as the SRO which seems to make sense. It also requires proprietary screws and has a slightly smaller window size.

Given that both the RMRcc and the RM06 will both fit just fine on a G26 slide I'd get the RM06 over the RMRcc for that application any day. Not really sure what advantage an RMRcc would be offer for you on a slide of that size.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    The brightness auto-adjust on the RMRcc doesnt seem to be as good/responsive as the one on my RM06, but it does have more settings options (eg lockout mode). Aaron Cowan speculated that it uses the same electronics as the SRO which seems to make sense. It also requires proprietary screws and has a slightly smaller window size.

Given that both the RMRcc and the RM06 will both fit just fine on a G26 slide I'd get the RM06 over the RMRcc for that application any day. Not really sure what advantage an RMRcc would be offer for you on a slide of that size.
    Analyst talking here.

The RMRcc is the same width as the 26 slide with no overhang, and the window design (where the bottom of the window is in line with the sight’s case) is an improvement in my opinion. I wouldn’t put a RMRcc on anything larger than a 26, but it makes sense there to me. My 27.5 would definitely get a RMR if I decide to RDS it due to the wider slide.

That said, you have much more RDS experience than me. Not sure what way I want to go.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Good point. I’m a little surprised that more people haven’t tried the narrower RMRcc on the 26, it’s almost exactly the same width as the slide from what I can tell and also has a more favorable window design. It took handling a RMRcc against a RMR at the store for the impact of that window design difference to sink in.
    This is interesting, I had assumed the RMRcc's window would simply be smaller still than the RMR, which has a window that is already on the smaller side. Could you summarize the difference for someone who's used pretty much all of the other open-emitter red dots but hadn't ever given the RMRcc much consideration?

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    This is interesting, I had assumed the RMRcc's window would simply be smaller still than the RMR, which has a window that is already on the smaller side. Could you summarize the difference for someone who's used pretty much all of the other open-emitter red dots but hadn't ever given the RMRcc much consideration?
    A picture is worth a thousand words, here’s a pic stolen from Eurooptic showing both RMR and RMRcc on a doublestack that illustrates how the window bottom is on the same place as the base:

Name:  37BD9EF1-C03C-416A-ABD1-3675DD3E9B3F.jpg
Views: 2019
Size:  54.4 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Thanks, that's helpful, much better comparison photo than I'd seen before. While I've been training with a dot for a while, I haven't yet moved to carrying one, and an optic the width of the slide could certainly be beneficial especially with the full sweat shield I generally prefer.

I've been going back and forth between an RMR Type 2 (Glock 45) and RMRcc's (G43 and 48) without any issues. I never really notice how much smaller with window is on the RMRcc until I go back to my G45. It doesn't bother me when shooting.

Battle Werx confirmed they can do the RMRcc cut on a 26, so I bundled the slide off to them yesterday and ordered the optic. To be continued.
    Ken

Is anyone running the RMRcc on the Trijicon dovetail mount on a G43?

I have no red dot pistols and was looking at this combo to try out on a small, minimalist carry gun. Raven Vanguard AIWB carry.

Primary Arms has the RMRcc for $399 right now, with some kind of additional $25 bongo bucks deal on top of that.
    Ken

User Tag List