Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon RMRcc

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve been toying with the idea of picking up a second slide for my 43 or 48 and having it milled for a RMRcc as low and as far back as is physically possible removing the rear dovetail, and either running no front sight or something that just provides a gross index through the window as a backup. I’m curious if it would be practical, but that’s a fair amount of money for an experiment.
    I just got a spare 43 and am waiting for my RMRcc to come in so I can send my slide off to get milled and get it installed. From my understanding, the RMRcc HAS to be milled at the rear of slide, where the dovetail is, to avoid interfering with the internals. The rear sight as to be installed in front of the RMRcc.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve been toying with the idea of picking up a second slide for my 43 or 48 and having it milled for a RMRcc as low and as far back as is physically possible removing the rear dovetail, and either running no front sight or something that just provides a gross index through the window as a backup. I’m curious if it would be practical, but that’s a fair amount of money for an experiment.
    It's just money.

But seriously, if you're putting that kind of money into this gun I suggest going that extra step and upgrade the irons. There's no practical gain to eliminating the rear dovetail and moving the RMR back that little bit.

I'm strongly dedicated to the idea of back up iron sights on a red dot equipped pistol for two reasons:

1. Yeah, in the unlikely case of the optic failing due to internal problems/damage/battery fail. Possible, but increasingly unlikely. I finally changed out the battery on a Type 1 RME after nearly five years. It was on auto adjust most of the time, and in my carry bag or under a shirt. Pretty impressive, though I would recommend yearly battery change out. That was my first RMR and an experiment.

2. Also 'cuz -- for me -- using the irons to index on and get that dot was a huge help to helping train my little monkey brain.

I've been shooting RMR'd Glocks for about five years and now I rarely use the irons, but on days I stumble they help me out. Most have at least a front tritium; my daily carry -- a G43 -- has both front and rear, just in case.

Also, to bust the myth, the Ameriglo suppressor height sights DO work on the G48 Brownells slide I have. There is very little room to adjust windage, but it's enough to zero the gun. See attached pix. Both the G48 and G43 have full size suppressor height sights. The G43's sights are MOS height 'cuz mounting a full-sized RMR required a cantilevered or tapered adapter plate and that adds to the height of the sight axis. It looks a bit weird, but it's a laser ... a teeny, tiny laser. Shoots way better than I'm capable, so I'm okay with it.

Aaron at Sage Dynamics did a find job 'splaining a lot about the RMRcc. It doesn't turn me on, but YMMV.

I'm gonna do one more, a factory G48X -- if I can find one -- and send it off to accept a Holosun 407K. Then I'm gonna stop before my wife files a cease and desist order.

Just my dos centavos.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I just got a spare 43 and am waiting for my RMRcc to come in so I can send my slide off to get milled and get it installed. From my understanding, the RMRcc HAS to be milled at the rear of slide, where the dovetail is, to avoid interfering with the internals. The rear sight as to be installed in front of the RMRcc.
    Don't know who told you that, but it's not true. Just look at my G43. It's milled way deep for an RMR adapter plate. It's actually deeper than the mill job Brownells puts on their slides for the Holosun/Shield series. There's no reason to eliminate the rear sight notch unless it's just something you wanna do.

You might wanna get someone to check the math.

The only advantage to the RMRcc is the narrow width. Height and length are the same as the full sized RMR. I like it, but it came too late, but I'm good to go. For now.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Zen View Post
    Don't know who told you that, but it's not true. Just look at my G43. It's milled way deep for an RMR adapter plate. It's actually deeper than the mill job Brownells puts on their slides for the Holosun/Shield series. There's no reason to eliminate the rear sight notch unless it's just something you wanna do.

You might wanna get someone to check the math.

The only advantage to the RMRcc is the narrow width. Height and length are the same as the full sized RMR. I like it, but it came too late,
    JagerWerks and BattleWerx will only mill for the RMRcc on slimline Glocks with rear sight in front of the optic, or no rear sight at all. Same with Maple Leaf:

Due to the dimensions of the drop safety mechanism, it is not possible to put the RMRcc optic cut in front of the rear iron sight dovetail on a Glock 43/43X/48 slide. Doing so would compromise the drop safety mechanism.
    In law enforcement, we refer to that as “a clue.”

The length of the RMRcc is the same as the RMR, but the RMRcc is slightly shorter in height (1” vs 0.9”).

JagerWerks and BattleWerx will only mill for the RMRcc on slimline Glocks with rear sight in front of the optic, or no rear sight at all. Same with Maple Leaf:

The length of the RMRcc is the same as the RMR, but the RMRcc is slightly shorter in height (1” vs 0.9”).
    Ah, well then, there it is. Funny, looking at how low my adapter plate is, you'd think it would work. But those guys know best, it seems.

Anywho, I appreciate the information.

Well, you got me worried about firing pin drop safety, so I field stripped both of my G43s, one with and one without an RMR. Thank goodness, both firing pin safeties function as they should, look identical except, of course, for the milled space for the adapter plate. Eyeballing it, it looks like the RMRcc would work, but WTF do I know? Could be the RMRcc bolt/screw placement would be the culprits. The plate I got was apparently designed to avoid that problem.

FWIW, that same G43 has about 1K round through it over the past four or so years without missing nary a lick. So far, so good, as the man says.

Thanks again. Good conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post
    Can someone provide the cliff notes version.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Can someone provide the cliff notes version.
    It’s an RMR with a smaller window.

It’s an RMR with a smaller window.
    And complicated mounting considerations?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    And complicated mounting considerations?
    I think the only thing he mentioned in reference to that is the fact that it’s longer than the RMSc footprint, so it has to be mounted relatively high on the 43X/48 MOS guns.

User Tag List