Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus® Defender 856 38 SPECIAL +P

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Pretty much why Boeing is now a raging dumpster fire.
    Yep, the days of S&W executives hunting large animals with S&W Magnum revolvers are long gone.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Refresh me again, why hasn’t S&W brought out an alloy J frame with good sights?
    I'm surmising about a reason other than bean counter control. Engineers may think that the frame's thickness at the top strap area is too thin for a dovetail to be machined. The dove tail is necessary for a prominent rear sight. Further, this modification would require a much higher front sight. Designers may think that this package would present an unattractive visual appeal. And they might wish to avoid the large numbers of buyers who would complain that their "target pistol" does not shoot "like they want it to". I say learn to shoot these little revolvers and try to adapt to them by selecting compatible grips. Find ammo that shoots to poi. Buy two. Shoot one and carry the other.

Any updates on these? Looking at the 3” once it becomes more available.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I check in on the threads over on the Taurus forum once in awhile. After the first few people got their guns, it's been pretty dead. No reports good or bad.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I check in on the threads over on the Taurus forum once in awhile. After the first few people got their guns, it's been pretty dead. No reports good or bad.
    No one wants to waste valuable ammo right now.

Site Supporter
    Picked up an 856 today. Traded a 637 I’ve had for years (with lock) even for it.

It’s the bobbed hammer version. We shall see how it goes. No telling when I’ll be able to actually shoot it.

Site Supporter
    I’m far from a revolver expert and I’ve never had in person training with them. That said, I observed the following messing around with the gun after I got it home.

The trigger feels decent, maybe a bit rough, but not overly heavily. Wish I could measure it.

Lock up and overall quality seems good.

Weight wise, I carried it around in my pocket loaded up and in a holster. You would need good pants, with big pockets, and a good belt to do it all day comfortably, but it can be done. As a belt gun, I think it will be great.

When I first loaded it up I got nervous. One round would barely fit in one of the chambers, while other chambers worked just fine. I tried the same round in other chambers and had the same problem. It’s an old round that’s been sitting around for ever, and may have been pocket carried at some point. Thankfully that seems to be ammunition related.

Hope to shoot it soon. The bobbed hammer is perfect for carry and for thumbing when holstering.

Sorry...could someone explain why one would bitch about S&W QC and honestly discuss a Taurus???

Is it ONE extra round or is it saving $50 fucking dollars???

There are other forums where this is an actual discussion......

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Sorry...could someone explain why one would bitch about S&W QC and honestly discuss a Taurus???

Is it ONE extra round or is it saving $50 fucking dollars???

There are other forums where this is an actual discussion......
    I can' speak for anybody else, but I'm somebody that hopes Taurus will get its shit in one sock and become an actual contender for people who actually take seriously shooting more than "a boxa shells" through their guns.

They make some revolvers that have features that 1) Make sense and 2) aren't offered by anyone else.

A friend of mine once described Taurus revolvers as a "cake where somebody followed the recipe right until the end where they took a shit in the batter."

@jetfire had an interview recently with their new CEO, and some of us are hoping "it'll be different this time."

I want somebody else to go first though...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I can' speak for anybody else, but I'm somebody that hopes Taurus will get its shit in one sock and become an actual contender for people who actually take seriously shooting more than "a boxa shells" through their guns.

They make some revolvers that have features that 1) Make sense and 2) aren't offered by anyone else.

A friend of mine once described Taurus revolvers as a "cake where somebody followed the recipe right until the end where they took a shit in the batter."

@jetfire had an interview recently with their new CEO, and some of us are hoping "it'll be different this time."

I want somebody else to go first though...
    I love the stuff you bring to the forum.....

The definition of insanity is?......

User Tag List