Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus® Defender 856 38 SPECIAL +P

Pics of the internals compared to the older early 1990s 85. For anyone interested.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I've watched a couple of YouTube videos about this new Executive Grade 856. Each one warned they will be hard to get. Well ain't that just peachy. Everything is hard to get these days and they tell us these are going to be harder to get than other stuff. Why not just say we came up with this new variation but you can't have one. Good grief!

Dave
    While true, Brownells currently has a pre-order for them.

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/h...rod146341.aspx

Price was better than I thought it would be, and the Ameriglo front sight is $30 from Taurus. Should make for a pretty handy setup, running K frame comp-2's.

Anyone regret picking up one these new 856’s?
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    While true, Brownells currently has a pre-order for them.

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/h...rod146341.aspx

Price was better than I thought it would be, and the Ameriglo front sight is $30 from Taurus. Should make for a pretty handy setup, running K frame comp-2's.
    I've seen a bunch on GB for $400.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Nope.
    It's folded into the dependable, reliable catagory.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Yes. Mine was out of time. I'm not an experienced revolver guy and didn't know to check carry up before I bought it. Stuck between trying to deal with Taurus's CS and selling at a significant loss (obviously, with full disclosure of the issue), I sold at a significant loss. Before buying this latest Taurus I had decided years ago never to buy Taurus. I went back on that because the 856 was such a great idea. Found, however, that my previous judgment had in fact been the correct one. At least for me. I'm very glad others are having different results.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

not yet

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I've seen a bunch on GB for $400.
    Figure I should add: I've read that many of the dealers selling multiples on GB of anything will buy a bunch from the distributor, inspect them all, and then put the ones they find are less nice on GB, saving the "good ones" for their local brick and mortar customers.

I recalled that specifically when contemplating buying one off GB, so figured I'd share it for others to do the same.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Mine has been very reliable. Not as refined as a Smith & Wesson, but for the price point very good. I haven’t babied it and it’s still running great. I’m not sure of the round count off the top of my head, but it’s getting close to around 1000 rounds or so.

I did check the carry up when I pull the trigger slow and it’s a little off, but it has always functioned flawlessly for me on the range and dry fire. Once it locked up, it locks up tight.

I do wish I would have bought the 3” instead of the 2” but that’s what they had at the store. I was mainly looking for something more pleasant to shoot than my 442 so I bought the steel model. Once I made a holster, it pretty much became my primary carry gun.

Wade

Ordered the Talo edition 856 Defender. The bobbed hammer was the deciding factor over the other versions. After purchase and all fees it’ll cost me considerably less than the Executive.

Name:  37412915-00C0-4B3D-B79C-28D2A7223307.jpeg
Views: 406
Size:  20.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List