Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus® Defender 856 38 SPECIAL +P

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    http://clevelandkydex.com/ Lists the Taurus 856 in their holster list. I have one of their holsters for a Beretta and it is a decent holster.

Have any of you had any experience with them?

Of all the OWB holsters they offer, what do you think would go best with the 856?

Site Supporter
    Debating if I want to try the Cleveland kydex or the Galco holster.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 08-04-2021 at 02:19 PM.

Site Supporter
    Seeing mixed reviews about Cleveland Kydex and a review on Amazon said the Galco holster does not fit the 856.

Suppose I just need to call them on Monday.

2 failures to pop primers with the Galloway mainsprings today. Going back to stock.

Reducing springs without reducing friction is asking for misfires. I don't know if there is any received wisdom on real "action jobs" for a Taurus.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I just finished installing the Galloway springs in the 856 3 inch.
    Followed the instructions on the you tube video embedded on their site, and it was pretty straight forward.
    1. The factory trigger return spring is stout! Better to grip it with a set of thin gloves when reinstalling the new spring.
    2. The 'keeper' for the trigger return has a flat, and a cup. The flat goes against the spring. 🙄😬 (2nd times a charm)
    Cleaned and lubed all contact and wear points with TM25 grease.

There's a very small ball on the trigger strut that I sanded with 1000 paper and polished with the felt dremel wheel till it shined like a mirror.
    Did the same thing with the "ball end" of the hammer strut where it meets the hammer.
    Considerably less grit feel, and very smooth double action now.

Gonna shoot it tomorrow for reliability.

I'm really liking this revolver. For an inexpensive gun, it has proven very accurate and reliable.
    Let you know if the ignition system is effected by the springs.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Followed the instructions on the you tube video embedded on their site, and it was pretty straight forward.
    1. The factory trigger return spring is stout! Better to grip it with a set of thin gloves when reinstalling the new spring.
    2. The 'keeper' for the trigger return has a flat, and a cup. The flat goes against the spring. 🙄😬 (2nd times a charm)

There's a very small ball on the trigger strut that I sanded with 1000 paper and polished with the felt dremel wheel till it shined like a mirror.
    Did the same thing with the "ball end" of the hammer strut where it meets the hammer.

I'm really liking this revolver. For an inexpensive gun, it has proven very accurate and reliable.
    This is really helpful stuff.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    This is really helpful stuff.
    Glad to help.
    Also, while you have the 3 screws out and the side plate off, the cylinder and crane will slide out as well.
    Cleaned, polished and lubed that too.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Yes, useful.

I bought one Thursday. Stainless with the basic Hogue rubber grip. It's sitting in Illinois' gun purgatory until Sunday.

Current plan is to retire my Taurus 605 to loaner/tertiary spare status, or give it to one of the kids, and move the Crimson Trace grip on it to the 856.

🙄😬
    My wife was in the room and heard where the parts landed across the room.

@CSW would you measure the height of the front night sight on your gun? I have a 2" and I'm considering getting one of these sight for it, but I think it might be too short.

User Tag List