Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus® Defender 856 38 SPECIAL +P

It's tempting but then again I don't have much need for a 6-shot .38 special. Even a really light one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I mean, every gun owner gets a pass on their FIRST Taurus product, but after that?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, I won't get fooled again...
    All gun manufacturers are having QC issues .. any and all revolvers need to have a close inspection before signing that dotted line ... just some are faster fixing their mishaps .. and thats were Taurus fails ..
    Mine passed my dealers inspection and mine .. at least is seems to have a decent trigger .. above a J frame ... ( of course thats any revolver maker ) .. and the barrel is not canted , crane and frame fit is good .. a plus over SP101’s
    Finish is better than a Charter , but thats not saying much ... anymore its a crap shoot . Unless you go , old used S&W or old used Ruger

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    It's tempting but then again I don't have much need for a 6-shot .38 special. Even a really light one.
    To me the 856 is noticeably larger than a J frame for pants pocket carry .. but thats me .. others maybe fine with it ..
    And thus . Its not a replacement for a smaller 5 shooter, for me ..

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    It really is a great set up for a revolver. The Colt Night Cobra is as well, but from what I’ve read, I’m not sure Colt QC is much better and I feel like repair wait times would be much longer.
    That's the best argument I've seen for buying a Taurus. Still, I'll wait a few years and see how the 856 shakes out.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    OP’s been around since 2011, just doesn’t seem to post very much. 249 posts total, some since the original post in thread.
    I have known him for at least 20 years — stand up individual, excepting maybe his interest in a a Taurus.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    There was something posted in the recent past about new Taurus leadership and all the good changes to come. I sighed when I read it. Accomplishing that would be more difficult than converting the Pope to Primitive Baptist. I feel bad for any person who buys a Taurus product. I am not being sarcastic.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    There was something posted in the recent past about new Taurus leadership and all the good changes to come. I sighed when I read it. Accomplishing that would be more difficult than converting the Pope to Primitive Baptist. I feel bad for any person who buys a Taurus product. I am not being sarcastic.
    Taurus - and Rossi (Braztech) - have been off my Christmas list for about half a decade, though I have owned decent examples in the past. Getting parts or repairs for them is usually an unpleasant experience that is so long and drawn out that by the time a person finishes the ordeal, they just don't care anymore. If you want to lose your enthusiasm for life, special order a Brazilian firearm and don't inspect it really, really well before you lay down your money and fill out the paperwork.

Here is my current condensed revolver opinion (Colts are not included because they simply don't exist in my world anymore except as curios): All new revolvers I can afford will have one or more issues. With Ruger, I will probably get issues resolved; with S&W I might get issues resolved; with the Brazilian boomers, I will not only NOT get issues resolved, I will get some new issue(s) thrown in for "lagniappe."
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Refresh me again, why hasn’t S&W brought out an alloy J frame with good sights?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Refresh me again, why hasn’t S&W brought out an alloy J frame with good sights?
    MBAs run the show, not gun guys.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    MBAs run the show, not gun guys.
    Pretty much why Boeing is now a raging dumpster fire.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List