Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus® Defender 856 38 SPECIAL +P

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Eager to hear how the Galloway springs work out in live fire. I may need a few sets of those.
    So far they have worked fine. 148 gr. Wadcutters both my reloads with mixed primers and Black Hills factory. 130 gr. reloads with mixed primers and the Buffalo Bore 158 gr. LSWCHP as well. Galloway says they have tested them with a variety of ammo. YMMV
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Wolff makes springs for Taurus revolvers too.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Eager to hear how the Galloway springs work out in live fire. I may need a few sets of those.
    I had mixed results with the hammer spring and my reloads. Returned to stock and kept the Galloway trigger return spring and I really like the results.

Another 25 this afternoon.

The damn thing really does run. Zero malfunctions, and I am really getting used to the trigger.
    The faux ivory grips turned out to shite, but I expected that for 20 bucks on flea Bay.
    I've ordered a set of wooden Pachymeyer grips for it.

Also purchased a left hand holster for a 3" sp101.
    It's too big for the 856.
    If anyone is lefty and has a sp101 3", lemme know.
    I could make you a deal.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post

The damn thing really does run. Zero malfunctions, and I am really getting used to the trigger.
    The faux ivory grips turned out to shite, but I expected that for 20 bucks on flea Bay.

I could make you a deal.
    Too big all around? Would a 2 inch SP101 holster do any better?

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post

I could make you a deal.
    That is good information to know. Holster compatibility amongst the D frame class of revolvers is an interesting topic. In the early 90s Ruger stretched out the frame of the SP101 to work with bullets larger than 125 grain in the .357 versions (Hopefully it will get another frame revision soon). The 2nd gen/current SP101, original Colt D frames, new Cobra/King Cobra, and Charter Police Under Cover revolvers all are around 8" in length with a 3" barrel. Many holster makers offer the same holsters for these revolvers (the exception is the new Cobra/King Cobra).

However, the 3" Taurus 856 is around 7.50" in length. I believe this is the culprit here. The new Cobra/King Cobra will also not work with traditional D frame size holsters, due to their unfortunately changed trigger guard. That was a big mistake on Colt's part. I have read in some places that Taurus 856 revolvers will work with model 85 holsters (due to its shorter length compared to other D frame sized revolvers), but I can neither confirm nor deny this. I am also not sure about compatibility of other D frame sized revolvers with the K6S, when it comes to holsters.
    Last edited by JWintergreen; 06-16-2021 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Too big all around? Would a 2 inch SP101 holster do any better?
    The cylinder area [so I guess the frame] is slightly larger in the Ruger, so there is some play. I purchased it for a 3 inch SP, so the barrel length is not the problem. I'm just imagining it getting sloppier as the holster gets older. My Security six will not fit either.....that gun is too big for the holster.

RK Guns email just now:

Name:  F26C9A85-A1D8-487D-8445-01F1802B47C2.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  55.1 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Interested in the 3" SP Lefty holster. Have to be gone today but PM on make and price!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Interested in the 3" SP Lefty holster. Have to be gone today but PM on make and price!
    Pm'd you back.

User Tag List