Page 34 of 62 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus® Defender 856 38 SPECIAL +P

I just got an email from Rural King. They have a special on the 856. $259.98.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I just got an email from Rural King. They have a special on the 856. $259.98.
    Today only, apparently:

Name:  96E7A3A3-AC11-4763-9F00-B5C6F3D07F8D.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  57.6 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Today only, apparently:

Name:  96E7A3A3-AC11-4763-9F00-B5C6F3D07F8D.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  57.6 KB
    Appears there's no night sight on that model.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Possibly older guns. Or a stock image of an older gun. On Taurus' website, spurred hammer 2" guns are pretty much all pictured as not having the pinned in front sight. "It is what it is."

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    https://www.shoptaurus.com/iron-sigh...rs-322-0006-00

Easy fix.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Name:  IMG_6756.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  41.1 KB

Today I fired 51 rounds of my assorted reloads from 10 yards. No drama. Fire 6 rounds, eject clean, reload with a speed loader and continue. Every round fired and ejected easily. I'll need to trim my grips a little more and maybe take a corner off the cylinder latch. All of the K-Frame speed loaders worked OK, but the clearances are tight. Most of the rounds I have fired have been either jacketed or coated. I ran a patch through each chamber when I first got the gun and I haven't done any cleaning since. I have fired almost 400 rounds so far. I probably won't clean until I see a problem just to see what happens.

I filed the rear notch a little deeper and that helped. It tends to hit a little right, so I'll probably take a little off one side of the rear notch when I decide on a load.

Even being steel, this isn't a shoot all day gun for me.

Site Supporter
    Got my OWB holster from Cleveland Kydex. It is so tight that it takes serious effort to get the gun out.

Not sure if it will loosen up, but I kind of wish I had ordered the Galco leather holster now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Got my OWB holster from Cleveland Kydex. It is so tight that it takes serious effort to get the gun out.

Not sure if it will loosen up, but I kind of wish I had ordered the Galco leather holster now.
    I got mine a couple of days ago too. Mine is pretty tight also. I'm either going to touch it a little with a heat gun or see if I can put a shim in between the screws that hold it together. I've found that many kydex holsters can be tight if there isn't a tension adjustment. I've had big name holsters that needed adjusted. All the Galco holsters I have are in the not used box.

I have a lot of Glock holsters and all my Glocks don't fit the same. I have one big name kydex Glock 17 holster that holds my S&W M&P Compact 22 like it was made for it but the S&W won't fit any of my other Glock 17 holsters.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I got mine a couple of days ago too. Mine is pretty tight also. I'm either going to touch it a little with a heat gun or see if I can put a shim in between the screws that hold it together. I've found that many kydex holsters can be tight if there isn't a tension adjustment. I've had big name holsters that needed adjusted. All the Galco holsters I have are in the not used box.

I have a lot of Glock holsters and all my Glocks don't fit the same. I have one big name kydex Glock 17 holster that holds my S&W M&P Compact 22 like it was made for it but the S&W won't fit any of my other Glock 17 holsters.

My OWB is so tight, that I think person compromised in the strength department would not be able to remove it. Right now I would say it is unusable.

I read about heating it up or even wrapping the gun in a plastic bag, and then placing it in the holster.

Besides the tight fit, what are your thoughts on the holster?

Were your Galco holsters not very good?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    My OWB is so tight, that I think person compromised in the strength department would not be able to remove it. Right now I would say it is unusable.

I read about heating it up or even wrapping the gun in a plastic bag, and then placing it in the holster.

Besides the tight fit, what are your thoughts on the holster?

Were your Galco holsters not very good?
    I was going to try a shim in my holster but it's riveted together. I have a Cleveland Kydex holster the same style you got but mine is for a Beretta PX4CC. The tension is just right but I think I heated it to adjust it.

I have a Raven Phantom for a Glock 19 that I had to heat to adjust. I remember it being very tight when I first got it. I'll get out the heat gun tomorrow and see what I can do.

I have a Galco holster for a J-Frame that I can barely get the gun in or out. I got it off a table at a gun show for $10. The guy had $20 on it and he smiled when I offered him the $10. I just wanted a cheap holster. I got it.

I wanted to add that the injection molded holsters can't be heated to adjust. They just melt into an unattractive blob. It has to be real kydex.

User Tag List