Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Name:  IMG_6687.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  37.7 KB Name:  IMG_6688.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  26.4 KB
    That looks good.

I would like Taurus to do something like a 2 inch “856 enhanced”. With a better trigger, maybe different grips, and real sights. Don’t get me wrong, I really like the Taurus as is, especially compared to current offerings.

This thing actually pocket carries ok. The lightweight version with smaller grips would do really well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    That looks good.

I would like Taurus to do something like a 2 inch “856 enhanced”. With a better trigger, maybe different grips, and real sights. Don’t get me wrong, I really like the Taurus as is, especially compared to current offerings.

This thing actually pocket carries ok. The lightweight version with smaller grips would do really well.
    I've sorta made mine "enhanced". I got it just for a mess around gun to see what it could become and how long it could last. I paid a little over $300 for the gun. Galloway spring kit, $14, Taurus boot grip, $9, Ameriglo sight, $30. The trigger pull is now a little better than a stock J-Frame. I didn't polish anything when I installed the springs. The gun weighs about the same as a steel J. The 6 shot cylinder makes the frame taller than a J.

I'll probably bob the hammer. I bobbed the hammer in a 90s era Taurus 85 and it just keeps running. Maybe open up the rear sight and do a little bit of a carry melt.

If I run across a lightweight 856, I might get it and do the enhancement treatment. For the price of a properly set up J-Frame, I can have a lightweight carry gun plus a heavy practice gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I've sorta made mine "enhanced". I got it just for a mess around gun to see what it could become and how long it could last. I paid a little over $300 for the gun. Galloway spring kit, $14, Taurus boot grip, $9, Ameriglo sight, $30. The trigger pull is now a little better than a stock J-Frame. I didn't polish anything when I installed the springs. The gun weighs about the same as a steel J. The 6 shot cylinder makes the frame taller than a J.

I'll probably bob the hammer. I bobbed the hammer in a 90s era Taurus 85 and it just keeps running. Maybe open up the rear sight and do a little bit of a carry melt.

If I run across a lightweight 856, I might get it and do the enhancement treatment. For the price of a properly set up J-Frame, I can have a lightweight carry gun plus a heavy practice gun.

My only question is the durability of the lightweight frame. I know I’m advocating Taurus via the 856, but the lightweight does give me pause.

However, the 856s seem to be great so maybe the lightweight with wadcutters would be a nice setup.

Right now I pocket carry it with a speed strip in my pants’ watch pocket. This is in Old Navy blue jeans that fit me because it’s difficult for me to find jeans.

Site Supporter
    Between these two holsters what do you all think?

https://www.shoptaurus.com/holsters/...lack-rh-ht118b

http://clevelandkydex.com/index.php?...roducts_id=657

The Cleveland kydex is mad specifically for the 856.

On a revolver, would you recommend hi guard or just the regular holster setup?

Between these two holsters what do you all think?

https://www.shoptaurus.com/holsters/...lack-rh-ht118b

http://clevelandkydex.com/index.php?...roducts_id=657

The Cleveland kydex is mad specifically for the 856.

On a revolver, would you recommend hi guard or just the regular holster setup?
    Do they offer it for the 3"?
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Do they offer it for the 3"?
    They do but I have the two inch. You have the three inch version?

I feel so weird typing that.

They do but I have the two inch. You have the three inch version?

I feel so weird typing that.
    🤣🍆🤣

Yes, the 3 INCH BARREL! 😏
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

My wife and I went to the LGS/range this afternoon, and they had a black 856. Everything seemed tight and smooth, and the price is inline with online. I have 3 J frames already, but that sixth round is tempting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    My wife and I went to the LGS/range this afternoon, and they had a black 856. Everything seemed tight and smooth, and the price is inline with online. I have 3 J frames already, but that sixth round is tempting.

I tried out my dads 642 and no question it is easier to carry and has a better stock trigger. That said, the trigger isn’t amazingly better and if you plan to belt carry the 856 most of the time, while still having the ability to pocket carry if needed, it might be a good buy.

I just can’t decide between the two holsters.

User Tag List